Shop for New York Giants gear at

Taye Biddle Almost 100%


Taye Biddle, the Giants reciever is recovering nicely, according to the Star-Ledger:

Biddle was at Giants Stadium Tuesday along with his teammates at off-season workouts. He’s not quite fully recovered from what appears to have been a random shooting in January. But Biddle is here, working out and battling the physical and emotional scars of the shooting. Not only does he have to work his way back to top shape, but he also has to fight the memories of that fateful night and the perception that since he’s a Giants wide receiver and he got shot, it must mean it was his fault and he’s a bad guy.

“Some people just have a hard time believing I didn’t do anything,” Biddle said.

Biddle said investigators have told him nothing new about the case and that he’s not actively pursuing any information because he’s trying to look forward, not back. He’s been able to do a lot more exercises and running lately, despite the wound in his left thigh he said is fully healed. But the brace on the finger on his left hand prevents him from gripping a bar, so he can’t do things like bench presses. Biddle underwent surgery on his hand about two weeks ago and said he expects that to be the last procedure he’ll face.

But he’s still haunted by the details of the shooting, such as when his mother heard the gunshots, looked out the window and saw how his truck was backed up against the curb. Biddle had jumped out while the car was in reverse and had run around the back of the house when he was shot. But his mother didn’t know that; she only saw an empty truck.

“She called my cell phone,” Biddle said. “And of course, I answered because I had just been shot.”

Biddle said he felt the pain in his hand, so he knew he had been shot there. He also felt the pain in his thigh, but he said it wasn’t severe so he thought perhaps he had imagined it.

“But then I felt the hole and was like, ‘Yep, I’ve been shot,'” he said.

Now, he’s trying to focus on football. And pretty soon, when he’s back to full strength, he believes he’ll be able to move on more than he has in the past two months.

“It’s very frustrating,” Biddle said of the slow recovery. “But I’m getting there and I just can’t wait to play football again.”

We wish Taye Biddle all the best, and hope he continues on the road for a full and speedy recovery.

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Giants Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

Leave a Reply