Can David Carr Step In?

I believe Eli will play. I’ve talked to people who believe he can play. But, what if he can’t? Or, what if the Giants decide “Hey, it’s the Raiders, let’s rest him.” David Carr would then start.  Can he?

The answer is: I’m not sure. When he facing the Patriots second and third string defense in the preseason, he was incredible. Granted, it’s the second and third team defense. But, are the Raiders good enough? Can Nmandi Asamough shut down Smith? Can Carr get it done? I’ll leave it to you guys. If Eli can’t go, will Carr get the job done? Weigh in in the comments.

11 Responses to “Can David Carr Step In?”

1. Kyle says:

If the giants have to start carr, I think they can manage the game well enough running the ball and keeping Carr to a minimum of pass attempts. If Jacobs and Bradshaw step up in the clutch the giants can manage a win against the raiders. The quarterback could be Dave Brown, it wouldn’t make a difference.

2. eli will start, carr will finish.
    nfl jerseys

• POPS Ilnicki says:

To tell ya the truth, I’m hoping Carr goes all the way. The regular season is what it is, and I think this particular game is a perfect spot to see what Carr can do. The team needs to know what to expect from him in a game that counts, especially one in which the G-men should win. It’s his turn to step up and have some “FUN WITH THE TOYS.”

3. Ted says:

I hope Eli plays, but if not, Carr has almost as many NFL starts as Eli, and considering the line he used to play in front of, his numbers aren’t that bad. Jeff Hostetler ring a bell? Carr could be more effective.

4. Thiergow says:

yeah Carr can handle the Raiders. He has a great O-line to protect him and Smith is good enough to get open.
    I’m not worried at all.

5. Scott says:

David Carr is a disaster waiting to happen, but even he can beat the Raiders. I think Eli should sit it out and rest this week.

6. andrew ilnicki says:

Hey POPS — glad to see you’re stepping up.

David Carr is not a disaster, he’s just not Eli. He clearly doesn’t know all the ins and outs of routes like Eli does.

Eli will start, Carr will possibly come in late unless the score is tight…. which is not an impossibility.

Look for Jacobs and Bradshaw to pound away regardless.

7. Shane says:

David Carr is possibly the best option at back up QB not named Jeff Garcia.

He has a very good O-line in front of him, receivers that now lend well to his style play, and a good running game as his best friend.

Do I need to mention the D too?

The reality is, if Eli can’t go then Carr will be asked manage the game by the coaches and he can do that.

8. andrew ilnicki says:

he can and has shown he can do an adequate job. he just doesnt have the wherewithal that Eli has, or the confidence that Eli has developed with the offense. and it shows.

9. andrew ilnicki says:

Oh right, because a QB that scrambles is the key to winning games.

PLEASE

I’ve seen Eli get in the endzone on a rollout and I’ve seen him scramble for a first down — its rare but that’s what I prefer to see as a fan… if you’re going to run it, drop it off to your back in the open field and let them work it out.

Jason Campbell scrambles ever other down. How is that working for the Skins?

Tony Romo, flash and dash but has no meaningful wins and a horrible QB rating.

see what im saying POP?