Time To Bring Out The Big Guy

When the Giants drafted Ramses Barden, I was beyond excited. 6-6! Red zone target! I was so excited, that I even predicted 8 touchdowns for him. While that seems silly now, it wasn’t, at least to me, at the time. I thought he was going to get a good amount of playing time. Put him in the red zone, throw the ball up, hope he catches it. Well, midway through the season he’s played in two games, and made minimal impact. With the Giants struggling, it’s time for a spark. I think Barden can be that spark. Time to bring out the big guy.

I know it can be hard for receivers to adjust. It’s even harder for players coming from smaller schools, like Barden. But, you can’t teach size. No corner is 6-6. Bringing Barden in, even if it’s just for the red zone, can’t hurt. If anything, it’s a decoy.

So what do you guys think? More of Barden?

10 Responses to “Time To Bring Out The Big Guy”

1. Cory says:

Yeah definitely we are struggling to struggle and Plax was always that option down there for the big catch so anybody with that frame can help us out. Hopefully he is called upon this sunday and against the Falcons small secondary

2. Jill says:

I miss Plaxico. 🙁

3. andrew ilnicki says:

apparently he had been worked into the game plan in Tampa but it was such a blowout they didnt have to get that creative.

in my mind — you play him when it IS a blowout… but Eli went out early so it wasn’t like it was the first team anyway.

Get the guys in that want it the most, will deceive the defense the most, will be effective and can be counted on.

If Barden is one of those guys late this season, I’ll be happy to have him.

If its Nicks instead, thats fine too.

4. Daren says:

Anytime you can get your young guys into the game plan and have them see some real action its a good thing. You can’t learn until you get out there.

It’s interesting how Nicks has made such an impact so quick while Barden has been on the sidelines. It must be a combination of Nicks football IQ, his overall athletic ability and the fact that he came out of a bigger program at North Carolina. The coaches must see that he’s not quite ready to make an impact from what they see on the practice field. Interesting.

5. Russo says:

Ive been asking for this all season. I understand the argument that he played at Cal Poly and isnt ready for the big leagues quite yet but I think he can at least be used as a decoy in the red zone. Defenders will have to respect his size which will possibly open up a quick pass to boss or smith. Its worth a try at least.

6. Jesse Cassel says:

he cant be worse than sinnorace moss

7. CMH says:

I’d like to see how opposing D would respond if he was on one side and Boss was on the other. Tough for the secondary to cover both big guys and not be completely vulnerable to the run.

8. Jared says:

Play him! What would it hurt? They have to cover him, either he draws heavy coverage or he catches TD! How can we lose?

9. andrew ilnicki says:

doesnt moss have one catch and one touchdown? statistically speaking he’s fantastic!