Gilbride and Sheridan Out, Weis and Crennel In:

As I sit around today still steaming about the direction the New York Giants are heading this year I began to wonder about 1990, and more specific the coaching staff.  They consisted of Parcells, Coughlin, Belichick, Weis, and Crennel along with many other talented coaches.  Now I understand that Belichick is staying and that is ok by me, but Crennel is recovering from a hip replacement and is sitting out the 2009 season and Weis is about to get his pink slip at Notre Dame.  Now I understand they both failed at being head coaches but were excellent coordinators when in the NFL.  The timing couldn’t be better to reunite two great football minds and clean the junk out of the cupboards that are the New York Giants coordinators.

9 Responses to “Gilbride and Sheridan Out, Weis and Crennel In:”

1. Michael S says:

Is this news true??

2. Júlio César says:

it’a just a dream… almost a wet one, would be a huge upgrade to the team

3. Matt says:

Crennel makes a ton of sense but the giants need a coordinater like tom cable when he gets fired cuz he will improve our o line play

4. Jeremy says:

doesn’t Crennel coach a 3-4 defense. im not sure our personel will fit that unless we make Kiwi a OLB and Trade Osi( my favorite Giant by the way) for an Inside Linebacker or Nose tackle. Seems like to much of a process.

On the Charlie Wies front. I’m not sure how much better than Gilbride he will be. the only thing I see with weis is more big belly’s on the sidelines.

What was good about Coughlin was his no nonsense demeanor where has that gone. our players aren’t the only ones that need motivation, seems as if the coaches are in need of a swift kick in the butt.

5. Júlio César says:

weis is now out of notre dame after 5 years

6. Michael S says:

I dnt know much about weis but the 3-4 in the giants would be pretty dirty. So many teams are doing. Here would be the front seven. Canty-end. Tuck who is 6’5 275 could put ten more pounds plays other end. Outside backers are osi since it looks like he prefers lining up further from o-line, kiwanuka and sintim like he played in college. Inside guys we have a few like goff, Blackburn, Boley but we draft another inside backer and a huge nose tackle and you a dirty 3-4 defense. I would prefer a 3-4 rather than a 4-3 due to the lack of talent we have at dt now.

7. […] November I wrote this post half kidding half serious.  Now comes news from Mike Garafolo that Romeo Crennel is interested in […]

8. […] November I wrote this post half kidding half serious.  Now comes news from Mike Garafolo that Romeo Crennel is interested in […]