Osi Done With The Giants?

large_osi

Quotes taken from Profootballtalk

Could this have been Osi’s last game as a Giant?  He thinks so.  He was quoted as saying “It’s an unbelievable situation, man,” Umenyiora said. “Last game at Giants Stadium, probably as a Giant, just the way everything has unfolded has been unbelievable.”

It’s not clear what Umenyiora meant by “probably as a Giant.” He still has one more game this season, and his contract runs through 2012. But maybe he thinks the Giants are going to trade him or release him after the season.

And Umenyiora suggested that he wouldn’t mind a change of scenery, if it gets him more playing time.

“What did I play, five snaps today?” Umenyiora said. “I don’t know, I don’t know what happened. I thought I was the problem.”

Umenyiora described himself as “disappointed, disheartened, discouraged.” That’s how a lot of Giants fans are feeling right now.

10 Responses to “Osi Done With The Giants?”

1. Davy Boy says:

Honestly, good riddance if so. When on his game, Osi was a dominant force and game changer, but his attitude always bothered me. Especially with stuff like his contract. He seemed perpetually upset about his contract even when he JUST signed it. I feel like the poor season this year was a lot to do with Tuck being banged up and the poor performance by the coaching staff, but I think even if the Giants were 12-3 right now Osi would be griping about something. We got a Super Bowl out of him, and if we can move him for a draft pick or two and grab an OLB or CB and slide Kiwanuka into his spot I say go for it.

2. Michael S says:

How about switching him to olb. He’s got the atleticism.

3. Júlio César says:

as i said before:

let’s trade up with osi umenyiora and get eric berry! please jerry!

Eric Berry + Kenny Philips = Best Secondary Ever

4. Russo says:

I dont think Osi is the problem. I think its how he is being used. Check the stats. He may have only half the tackles as Kiwi but he has double the sacks and double the amount of forced fumbles. You see Osi coming around the end after the QB way more than Kiwi and he gets less playing time. Keep Osi, Tuck, Kiwi…ditch Sherridan and find me someone who will use these guys to their potential.

I’m surprised no one is screaming to trade Jacobs. Out of all the so called studs on the team he had the worse year. 3.7 avg with only 6 tds…and this is NYs STAR running back? He ran for 1 yard against carolina

• andrew ilnicki says:

knee issues and game planned for with no blocking between the tackles… absolutely garbage year.

like what i saw from ahmad bradshaw though, only wish they put him in earlier in each game through out the season. hes a tough runner that plays with heart.

5. Júlio César says:

I agree on that russo, but osi is the one who’s givin up and asking for a change… if he wants that, great! let’s get good players in exchange

6. CMH says:

I like the idea of trying Osi at OLB. He doesn’t play well at the point of attack so let’s get him in some space.

My random ideas for off season:

– Let McKenzie, Suebert, Ware, Sinorice, Hixon, Bernard, Robbins, Cofield, Pierce, Clark, Gerris, Dockery, Feagles go.
    – Pray for full return to health for Phillips, Ross, Webster and Alford (I think Alford’s absence was underrated this year)
    – Replace Sheridan asap
    – Sign a stud, road grader RT. Move Diehl inside to G, play Beatty at LT.
    – Incorporate Beckum and Barden into the Offensive game plan.
    – Start Nicks at WR.
    – Draft an athlete that can cover with your first pick, a DT with the second.
    – Start Canty and Alford at DT, Kiwi and Tuck at DE, Osi- Goff- Boley at LB, TT- Webster at CB, Phillips- Rookie at S.
    – Incorporate Sintim into a larger role on D.

• Russo says:

I think Canty can kick rocks. 8 tackles this season.. I know he missed a few games but thats pathetic. Robbins had tbe best stats out of all the DTs. Rumor has it Richard Seymor isnt happy in Oakland. May be a decent pick up. Also I dont see what the big stink is about Alford. His stats last year were poor. I dont think he was the missing link.

Trade Pierce while he is still slightly valuable.

Get Eric Berry and a MLB and lets bust some ass.

I’ll be disappointed if they trade Osi. Ill take Osi over Kiwi anyday. I think Osi is just vocalizing his discontent for Sheridans piss poor play calling and lame, unorigional schemes. The guy obvoiusly cares about the team. I’d like to see a new DC and OSI, Tuck, and Kiwi get some push from the inside so the QB cant step in the pocket and put some fools on their backs next season.

With the season being a wash I’d like to see Barden play against Minn. I wanna see what that giant can (or cant) do

7. Cactus Jack says:

I am at a loss to know how a man can go from a Pro Bowl DE to a castoff/LB experiment in just one year. I suspect the answer to the Giants’ defensive flop, this year, lies in the early season flap between Osi and Sheridan. While Osi never spoke of it and later apologized, his “no-show” on the field spoke volumes. I suspect that Osi knew then, what most of us, in our gut, know now. Sheridan didn’t know what he was doing. His “coordinating cost the Giants a season.
    Cactus Jack