Marc Bulger Considering Retirement

Went over this brain storm earlier in the week here half jokingly, but so long as the Giants have an ally in Steve Spagnuolo I don’t see why this offseason can’t be spent figuring out how to go about upgrading the Rams and Giants with the types of players they both need from eachother’s squads.

I doubt the Rams would give up their star running back for our backup quarterback… but perhaps a multi-player cocktail can be concocted that would interest St Louis into biting ,and would of course benefit the Giants as well.

I’d think about throwing in David Carr, Danny Ware, and Gartrell Johnson just to get one Steven Jackson who is an absolute beast that has carried his team on his shoulders for years.

For fun, who would you package together to get Steven Jackson?

19 Responses to “Marc Bulger Considering Retirement”

1. Chris says:

I’d offer Jacobs, who I used to love, but I think Jackson is much better. Bradshaw can spell him so he’s fresh. I’d throw in a bunch of guys – Ware, Robbins, Clark, M. Johnson, C.C. Brown – I’d throw a bunch of this dead weight to get Jackson. Carr, Jacobs and a few others to get that great running back. The G-men would have quite an attack!

• indeed — and Carr would provide a sense of growing for that team I think. I would rather have Carr then say…. Mark Sanchez.

I’m not sure anyone else would view it that way, but most Giants fans like Carr and think he’s a good egg worthy of stepping into the limelight.

2. da52391 says:

guys i don’t think the rams would take all the giants dead weight for one of the premiere running backs in the league and their best player. Be realistic you would have to give up promising young players (TT or Manningham for ex.) Along with high draft picks.

3. da52391 says:

Also a mlot of guys you mentioned are free agents

4. True.

I agree.

ANY trade in the National Football League nowadays includes draft picks.

Maybe mario Manningham (they are looking for good young WR), a 2nd rounder and then a throw in player (domenik Hixon) or something along those lines, would be close to get it done.

But young draft picks are certainely the rage.

• I don’t want to give them Manningham… they also need tight ends too though.

Bear might fit the bill since Kevin Boss was the second best overall TE in the NFL and since Travis Beckum shows a ton of promise.

And a 6th round draft pick can be thrown in…. we’d have to REALLY low ball them.

5. Michael S says:

i would trade jacobs (although i love him… no homo), david carr, and a 6th round pick for SJ39.

• Michael S. says:

Forget what i said jacobs is a good back even though people said he had a bad year he didnt have a bad year he had 835 rush yards last year M.J.D had 825 yards in 2008 I WOULD NOT TRADE JACOBS (What I wrote before was out of frustration)

6. Jesse Cassel says:

I wouldnt even trade for him, what Ahmad Bradshaw did on one leg last season was amazing Id like to see what he can do with two. Brandon Jacobs also had an off season, last two seasons when he had over 1000 yards rushing we were singing his praise now all the sudden everybody wants to trade him. I say give them a chance next season they may surprise you and I also say Ahmad Bradshaw may really surprise you and become a feature back. when he gets healthy

• Hey — no argument here about Bradshaw, he’s my favorite player. And he was the saving grace for the running game this year. Would love him to be the featured back and grow into like a Brian Westbrook type of guy.

But I think we can use a different backup QB if the Rams like Carr enough, I think he’s steady enough now for prime time action.

I dont think we have to trade jacobs, but you;d have to shell out a lot of other guys to get Jackson if they bit at all.

7. alex says:

plz danny ware g johnson n david carr 4 steven jackson never gonna hapen the only way they wud trade jackson 4 us wud hav 2 b a monster deal lik david carr umenyora or kiwanuka n possibly a 3rd or second rounder jacobs wud wrk 2 possible

• never say never, when your team goes 1-15 it starts to open up possibilities you never knew were there.

One guy getting traded VS having a new QB, new set of running backs, and possibly more…. doesn;t look so bad anymore.

But you’re right in the end — it wont happen

8. […] Original post: Marc Bulger Considering Retirement » Giants Gab […]

9. Jared says:

The problem with Jacobs is that he should not be running off tackle every time he touches the ball…. He’s a lip splitting bruiser that should be busting heads up the middle. Let Bradshaw do that sweeping shit!!

10. Michael S says:

“But having a #2 or #3 like Steven Jackson would truly give us one of the best running back rotations in the game assuming its Bradshaw, Jacobs and Jackson. Look at Dallas’ trio — would be like that.”

Steven Jackson is the third best RB in the league behind Adrian and Johnson. There is no chance he’d be a 2nd or 3rd runningback. He posseses bradshaws shiftiness and Jacobs power. He rushed for 1000 yards in 4 straight seasons under a scrap o-line. If he came to NY which I doubt, he would be the #1 runningback. HANDS DOWN!!!

• andrew ilnicki says:

where are you getting that stat? MJD, Ray Rice, and Chris Johnson were the best all around backs in the league. Reputation isnt everything, especially when youre talking trade — but we all agree Steven Jackson is a beast.

Jackson would be even more explosive under a good O-line and a team that gets in better scoring position like the Giants.

And as good as he was, Jackson only had like 4 touchdowns this year.

Imagine what he could do with the Giants.

I’ll give you some food for thought about what one years difference can make:

Derrick Ward – last year the best all around back in the league believe it or not. Based on straight production he was #1. This year, he was 3rd from the bottom.

You get paid on performance, thats what you want too. Ward did in 2008, but this year will cost him

11. […] ZombieMonta wrote a very interesting post today.   Here’s a quick excerpt:According to St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Rams QB Marc Bulger is considering retiring. What does this have to do with the Giants you ask… well how would you feel about cashing in David Carr for Steven Jackson? Went over this brain storm … […]