Dansby Interested In Giants:

SNY’s Adam Schein wrote on his twitter page that during the radio interview, Dansby said of the Giants, “”If they have interest in me, why not? let’s go.”

Dansby also mentioned San Diego, Miami and Washington as possibilities, according to Schein.

The Giants need a middle linebacker after releasing Antonio Pierce.

Last February, before he was given the franchise tag by the Cardinals, Dansby said, “Playing in New York? Who wouldn’t want to play in New York?

“That’s just like playing for the Dallas Cowboys, you know what I’m saying? It’s a big market. You’re going to get an opportunity to be prime time. It’s a huge market. I wouldn’t mind playing in a huge market. I wouldn’t mind at all.”

I don’t agree with that Cowboys comment but hey what are you going to do.

9 Responses to “Dansby Interested In Giants:”

1. Jeremy says:

Dansby’s interested in anyone that’ll pay him big money. I’ll pass thank you very much.

• Steve B says:

Feel the same. He mentioned the Redskins, and in one way or another, the Cowboys – Both willing to spend Big $$. Suprised he didnt mentioned the Raiders.

2. Jeremy says:

I like the way you think Steve B. But he probably didn’t want to be too obvious. LOL

• alex says:

If u were in the nfl u wud want a big pay day to so what are you saing. Its not like he wants it and doesn’t deserve it and is going to get it from sombody. Now ask urself another question do u want to go into the draft with johnathon goff and chase blackburn as our mlbz or do u want to go into the draft with carlos dansby as our mlb? Besides he knows he’s nt going to get a haynesworth type dead but your going to tell me you would give sumthing like the jets gave bart scott. I wudnt mind giving him something like 4 years for 30 mil

• Jeremy says:

Touché alex. But as a rebudle I will say this about that, coaching matters and you don’t need superstars at every position, just hard workers. I’m not bashing Dansby’s work ethic or anything just that we shouldn’t reach for a quick fix because the Giants are by no means a desperate team.

3. Steve B says:

I wouldnt mind paying big money to great players, but In this Free Agency class, your going to be paying big money for good players.

Giants do have other options besides Dansby

They can always make a trade for a MLB, but it might get expensive draft picks wise

Or they can get a MLB in the draft that they like, and have him compete with Blackburn/Goff for starting job.

• Jeremy says:

If we pay big money to anyone. they almost have to start to justify their high salary. I believe it’s better for competition to get low profile guys in order to not stiffle the improvement of our current players. Cause how else we will know if they are good.

4. […] Your View wrote a very interesting post today.   Here’s a quick excerpt:Cardinals free agent linebacker Karlos Dansby has taken to Sirius Radio again to express his interest in playing for the Giants. SNY’s Adam Schein wrote on his twitter page that during the radio interview, Dansby said of the Giants, … […]

5. Matt says:

Well th thing is most of th best FAs aree restricted cuz of th uncapped year so that would we hav 2 giv draft piicks 4 some of th FAs in addition 2 big money so we shuld get either spikes or mcclain or maybe let goff nd kelh develop