Which Free Agents Should The Giants Keep?

The Giants have four unrestricted free agents (assuming there’s a labor deal. If there isn’t, I have no idea what will happen. Any lawyers out there?). The four are: David Carr, Jeff Feagles, Danny Clark, Fred Robbins. Which ones should the Giants try to keep?

DAVID CARR:

Carr is a good backup. Granted, he doesn’t play, and Eli is (knock on wood) very durable. Do the Giants want to get younger and make Rhett Bomar the backup? Does Carr want to try and start? I like Carr, but I think the Giants are going to go young. You don’t really need an experienced backup behind Eli, and it would be nice for Bomar to get the experience. So, no Carr.

JEFF FEAGLES:

Y’all know of my man crush on Feagles. He may be the best punter ever. But, he was awful last year. He looked like me out there. That’s not good. It’s time for Feagles to hang up the cleats. Hate to say it, ,but there are so many better options out there. Look for the Giants to replenish through t he draft.

DANNY CLARK:

Clark is extremely underrated, and I would love to see him in Blue another year. Problem is, Clint Sintim is more than ready to take over his place, and the Giants are not one to block emerging young studs. Clark, in any other circumstances, would be re-signed. The emerging Sintim knocks him out. Clark will get a starting gig somewhere, maybe Miami.

FRED ROBBINS:

Robbins was EXTREMELY disappointing last year. He went from averaging almost six sacks a year to two. He went from averaging about 40 tackles a year to 25. Not good. Part of it has to be age, part of it has to be health. But, he looked unmotivated last year, and his stats showed it. Time to cut him loose.

So, according to my calculations, the Giants won’t keep any free agents. Do you disagree? Any of these players you want to keep?

10 Responses to “Which Free Agents Should The Giants Keep?”

1. Andy says:

You’re forgetting Chase Blackburn I think. Not 100% but I think I remember hearing he’s a FA

2. Andrew Ilnicki says:

Danny Clark was one of only two productive LB’s the Giants had all year.

end of story.

3. Steve B. says:

No Blackburn is restricted regardless of labor agreement.

Out of those 4, I wouldn’t mind if Feagles came back to start, i think he can bounce back.

Clark and Carr i wouldn’t mind having them compete for starting SLB (with Sintim) and backup QB (With Bomar). But wouldn’t care if any of these guys lefted.

If there is an agreement then 8 other players would be UFA, Coefield and Hixon stick out of that group. But no agreement they would be RFA. Now just because they are restricted doesnt mean they will be back, Just means giants can hold on to them if they want to

4. Matt says:

We need fresh blood at punter cuz feagles even if he returns will still be very old

5. big chris says:

G.G. I like your take on this, Carr would be my only returning player from that group, but that would be selfish on our behave if he can go start somewhere else. Let Rhett take over there this is his second year any way. Thank you Feagles but thats enough. Robbins-Next! I would rather see some of our younger LB’s get more action because although Clark was a decent player, he is not an impact player. And if you are not an impact player, a veteran is just as good as an up and coming rookie.

6. mimi says:

i think feagles just had a bad year…ide love to see him come back if he thinks he can….and ide like to see them keep clark another year…

Feagles if he feels he has another year, otherwise, none.

8. Jesse Cassel says:

I say keep Car if you can its hard to find a dependable back up QB, but thats just me

9. Chris says:

The only one I’d really want to keep is Robbins, despite his bad year. I think big bodies are important in the middle, and who knows how Alford will be after the injury. I’d give him a big pep talk and stay on hi – produce or get out.