Giants Sign Grant, Withdraw Tender To Brown

Remember how Deon Grant was visiting the Giants? Well, now he is a Giant. Pat Hanlon announced the signing just seconds ago on his Twitter feed. Grant will provide valuable insurance for Kenny Phillips.

In a corresponding news, the Giants have withdrawn their tender to CC (Can’t Cover) Brown. You read that right. Can’t Cover’s tender has been withdrawn, which, I believe, makes him a free agent. In comes Deon Grant, out goes CC Brown. This better not be an April Fool’s joke.

Thoughts on the Grant signing?

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

9 Responses to “Giants Sign Grant, Withdraw Tender To Brown”

1. Steve B. says:

Great signing. I believe that Rolle was the upgrade over Johnson/Brown, and now the Giants bring in Grant as the insurance policy for Phillips.

Its probably a 1 or 2 year deal.

Its funny how one of our weakness, could become one of our strengths.

I thought that the Giants would grab a safety in the third round, which they dont have to now.

This also frees up the possibility that the Giants are looking to trade up in the first round, because it takes away one of their needs.

I like McClain in the first, and an outrages thought, Brian Price in the 2nd. Price has really fallen, due to an below average combine, and a “poor” pro day. Also the fact that the he’s not projected to fit in the 3-4.

I’ve seen him drop in some mocks to the Saints at 32. And every year there is always a first round lock, that falls. (Mangula last year-Bengals)

2. Russo757 says:

Glad they made a move but think Sharper would have been a better pick up.

You said it yourself, this signing makes CC Brown a free agent, which is more than any Giants fan can ask for!!

4. Russo757 says:

Sadly enough Pro Football Focus has Grant rated higher than Rolle. And both are rated in the top 50

5. CMH says:

Why wouldn’t we cut Rocky Bernard’s fat butt and put his salary toward signing a “dominant” player like Sharper, rather than a “solid” one like Grant? Seriously, who would you rather have- Sharper or Grant and Bernard??

• Russo757 says:

I’m right with you bro. Sharper should have been in blue from the day they didnt renew his contract. But instead of getting a top 20 safety NY went with one rated at 52 and the other at 57 or so. I dont understand it. And Grant is no spring chicken at 31. Im happy something was done, just think it wasnt the smartest choice.

• Jesse Cassel says:

There has to be a reason I mean the front office made this move, I mean they do this for a living so I think they evaluated there choices,they have created some pretty good teams (ex. 2007 Superbowl champion giants after an 2006 season where they also went 8-8 and they also plagued by injuries.) I think Rolle is underrated cause hes only played safety for 3 years and he didn’t have the greatest first year at the position. I trust the front office to do the right moves because I think that we have a great one.

6. JohnDeeezy says:

I really love this move. Can i get a round of applause for the Giants front office please? *Clap* Clap* Clap* LOL. Seriously we needed to dump this Bum and get another safety. But the thing that worries me is that now i think there is a chance that KP wont be back 100% so i guess we will have to wait and see. Hopefuly Rolle/Grant can be what we need

7. big chris says:

Thank you God…no pun intended…I would have played for free at safety and probably made more plays than Cant Cover brown…give him minimum wage like 7.50 to see if he can cover handing water out to the real players.