Do You Remember… Eli Manning @ Dallas Home Opener?

I’ve got quite a problem here this morning — the Dallas Cowboys are on my mind.   If I lived in Texas, it might be another day in paradise.  But I don’t.  And it’s not…. and I’m not a Cowboys fan.  In fact I strongly dislike that football team (read ‘Hate them with a passion’).  What puts them on my fragile bean this morning in the first place?  This article on NFL.com:

It’s Early, But Cowboys Look Super

Doesn’t this crap happen each and every summer?  Cowboys this and that, championship, due, Romo, yadda yadda yadda….  and you know what to a degree they have a talented football team and I’m surprised they haven’t won a damn playoff game since who can remember.  BUT GUESS WHAT — the Cowboys are only 1 of 3 teams in the NFC that are going to have a shot this year, and the other two are the Giants and the Redskins.  The Redskins have quite a road to travel with a brand new organization, new leaders, new offense, new defense — EVERYTHING is new and will probably require some growing pains before they get their championship… so that really leaves the Cowboys and Giants in the mix for the lead in the NFC East.  We won’t be discussing the Eagles whatsoever – they finish last in the division, end of story.

So between the Giants and the Cowboys vying for the division lead, you have to face facts.  It was the Giants who beat the Cowboys TWICE last year and have proven themselves as a playoff caliber and championship winning team 4 of the past 5 years.  The Cowboys have a talented team with nothing to show for it. In the end, my money goes on the Giants being in control of the division in 2010… and I welcome a surprising showing from the Redskins over any type of placement from Dallas.

This brings me to my selection for today’s ‘Do You Remember…’ segment — and today I’m staying with that bitter feeling of Dallas being stuck in my craw.  So here it is — my way of remedying things.

This is the footage you’ve been dying to relive this morning if you’re like me and sick of all the Dallas hype… Eli Manning’s signature 330 yard, 2 touchdown, 0 interception, 110.6 rated, autograph-on-the-wall-worthy performance:

[pro-player width=’467′ height=’353′ type=’video’ image=’http://www.giantsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Picture-27.png’]http://ll.video.nfl.com/films/s2009/nflcom/w02/090920_phl_wk2_emanning_700k.mp4[/pro-player]

[clip via NFL]

P.S. — gotta love the memento!

12 Responses to “Do You Remember… Eli Manning @ Dallas Home Opener?”

1. Mike M says:

Fuckin love these “Do you Remember” posts…high times at a Giants fan!!

2. Giants101 says:

makes you wonder why they can’t click like this more often.

• well i think the offense, particularly passing, largely was not a problem. and we all know steve smith comes up big on 3rd downs. the only thing I suggest the Giants tinker with this season, and its a big thing of course that opens up many different cans of worms as you inspect it…. is basically find ways to stop routinely leaving everything on a drive up to the 3rd down because the first two plays bombed.

sooner or later, steve smith is going to drop that pass on third down and its punt time.

we all want the most dynamic offense imaginable, and i think the Giants have gotten a lot more dynamic in the last few seasons…. but there is still room to go there in terms of disguising whats coming and calling a nice creative game plan and executing.

much easier said than done, of course.

3. Chris says:

I know, I know. Every summer the Cowgirls are the team to beat. But No-Championship-Family- Phillips can’t get it done and I love it. Can’t stand Dallas. But even if they eeked out a championship, I don’t hate them as much as the Smith, Irvin, Aikman team. At least Romo’s a nice guy and smiles a lot. But I agree – Giants and Dallas will battle for the top of the NFC East.

4. Mike M says:

Manningham sure looked great in this game huh? We need full consistency out of him, and I have no doubt that Hakeem Nicks will be even better in this sophomore campaign. Then… Steve Smith, Mario Manningham, and Hakeem Nicks?? That is one talented trio of WR. And if Ramses can become a viable red zone option, then the G-Men are going to have one dangerous offense.

5. Jeremy says:

Ur right Ilniki, even in the superbowl is like coughlin has this mentality that the 1st 2 downs don’t count. It has always been run run pass. Eli is good on 3rd down but I believe that puts 2 much pressure on the O-line.

6. Steve B. says:

I love that Signature.

7. Jeff H says:

Man I could watch that everyday til the season starts and it still wouldnt get old. I love it!! GO BIG BLUE

8. Frank R says:

Wow, so good to see someting positive from last season-thanks. Was on eggshells watching that game. That little film was great.

9. Jesse Cassel says:

favorite game of the season, Eli was awesome. We need to get more games like this out of him this coming season, Keep up these posts the do you remembers are awesome. Also I just bought tickets to the Giants vs. Redskins on January 2nd in Washington, so siked, ganna be representing big blue in fed ex field, I cant wait.