Giants Gab: Found Sound Off

I will be starting a little series where you the fan will get to sound of your opinion. Each time there’s a Giants Gab sound off their will be a question for you to answer. Tonight’s question will be the following:

Does Matt Dodge start the season as the Giants’ starting Punter, and why?

6 Responses to “Giants Gab: Found Sound Off”

1. Geeeeemen says:

Yes, because we will try to develop someone we just spent a pick on. They had to have known he would be good enough when they drafted him, and that they’s have to work with him.

2. Jesse Cassel says:

Well I think he will but I don’t him too. I don’t think he ready, he punts line drives without any hang time. He needs a year to really learn how to punt, I hoped that they would bring in a veteran punter but I don’t know if anyone is or was out there. Maybe he’ll develop as the year goes on, I’m hoping we don’t need to do much punting cause I’m looking for touchdowns.

3. jeremy P. says:

’cause he has been the only player to hold on field goals. Sorgi hurt so we have no one else. And dont say we can get someone else to do that. if you think about it, if that was the case we would have already signed someone. Coughlin isn’t someone to risk putting a player in that position without seeing how they did in gametime situations.

Unless they pay Feagles to come back. They wouldnt do that right?

Dodge will start off as the punter, because he has such a big leg that there’s huge upside. If his kicking even remotely seems to possibly cost them a game at any point in the season, you might see some changes though.

5. nycsportzfan says:

Yup, because the Guy is all we got, and if there was someone better, we’d already have em in battling Dodge.. Dodge still has 2wks and 2pre season games, to get himself more consistent.. It may be some bumps along the way, but in the long hall, we’ll be fine with Dodge, and people will wonder why we worried to begin with.. Lets see how he does the last Pre Season game, before we start worrying…

6. Sonny says:

i think he will start and finish this year….he needs the butterflies to leave and hes going to be a record breaking punter…not as directional as feagles was but distance