Prospect Profile Requests

Now that the season is over for the Giants the upcoming months will be spent on reviewing, free agency possiblities, and my forte and other love the N.F.L. Draft.
Just like last year I plan on doing a number of prospect profiles and have a few in mind that I plan on doing already, but was taking requests for the players you guys are interested in.

Also: if you have a new name for the series other then prospect profiles: I’m taking suggestions on that as well.

Here are a few players that I am already going to profile so exclude these names:

RBs

Ryan Williams and Mark Ingram

OL

Derrick Sherrod

Gabe Carimi

Anthony Costanzo

LB

Travis Lewis

Bruce Carter

Akeem Ayers (just a heads up: THIS is the guy I think will interest the Giants the most and the only linebacker I see that would interest them in the first round)

Cornerback

Jimmy Smith

Ras I Dowling

Brandon Burton

Janoris Jenkins

That’s NOT all I have planned, but those are the players that I have up first.

Let me have some requests and I will promise to eventually get to that player.

Giants Needs and Free Agent preview coming up in the next week or so

Have a nice day, Everyone.

10 Responses to “Prospect Profile Requests”

1. Andrew says:

Can you do a profile on Von Miller. I understand he is another highly rated OLB. We need someone who can stick Cooley, Celek, and Witten. So if you can compare the pros and cons of Ayers, Carter, Lewis, and Miller that would be great.

Can you also do a summary of OT and 4-3 OLB free agents. Thanks

2. matcohen says:

DE – Bailey – another physical freak who can play DT and DE
    DE/SAM – Kerrigan – if he slips, he might be an interesting pick. The guy performs and he might be able to play the SAM in a 4-3.
    OLB – Miller (I agree with Andrew). Can he play the Will in a 4-3? He can certainly get after the passer and into the backfield. He has gotten less attention than one would think given his sack totals in 09 and 10.
    C – Wisniewski

I’d also check out the top 20 picks by position and comment on that. My quick analysis suggests that this is a draft heavy on defensive linemen. imho the Giants’ biggest need is a TE (check out football outsiders for an analysis of Boss’s pass catching skills (hint, he’s the worst starter in the NFL). Alas, there are no top TE’s available this year. Offensive line, another area that could use some depth, is also weak. SO what do the Gints do? Draft another DL? Hope for a solid linebacker?

• erik k says:

Bailey is better suited for the 3-4 than the 4-3, Miami cornerback Harris would be a perfect fit, he’s a shut down corner from the U

3. Jason M says:

I wouldn’t mind taking a look at Mike Pouncey with the uncertainty of Seubert he could play guard while also being our center of the future…his bro was a great pickup for the Steelers

I watched his first game at center against Miami of Ohio (yes THAT Miami) and he was horrendous. He made about 6-10 bad snaps, and I mean BAD snaps, he bounced a Shotgun snap about 3 feet in front of the QB, threw over the QB’s head at least twice, I believe more, and could hardly contain a completely overmatched team, if it wasn’t for the defense scoring 3 TD’s I believe, they could’ve been in danger of losing to one of their lowliest competitors in their school’s history. I knew he improved some as the year went on, but if the Giants draft this guy, I’ll seriously cry.

4. erik k says:

DANEIL THOMAS RUNNING BACK, AND HARRIS CORNERBACK FROM MIAMI

5. BIGPAPI360 says:

Nate Solder

hes a quick,big OT standing at about 6-8…..G-MEN could use some size

6. bigblue1212 says:

I think that these players would be good to also do profiles on:
    QB;
    Jake Locker – University of Washington – Sr
    He’s going to slide. If he is still available in the second round the giants will take him, he is simply too talented.
    RB:
    Shane Vereen – University of California – Jr
    Mike Leshoure – University of Illinois – Sr
    Daniel Thomas – Kansas State – Sr
    FB:
    Stanley Havili – University of Southern California – Sr
    TE:
    Kyle Rudolph – Notre Dame – Jr
    OT:
    Joseph Barskdale – Louisiana State University – Sr
    Matt Reynolds – Brigham Young University – Jr (23 Due to Mormon Mission)
    Demarcus Love – University of Arkansas – Sr