Giants Give Umenyiora Permission to Seek Trade

According to multiple reports, the New York Giants have given permission to Osi Umenyiora and his agent to seek a trade for the disgruntled Giants defensive end. According to reports from yesterday, the Giants want a first-round pick in exchange for Umenyiora, which is highly unlikely to happen. This is just the beginning of what appears to be a very long and public spectacle.

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

6 Responses to “Giants Give Umenyiora Permission to Seek Trade”

1. Ian G. says:

If osi goes anywhere I believe it will be it will be out west, I can see the seahawks being interested
    . He should just suck it up.

2. CMH says:

Move him.

He’s been a good player but I am sick and tired of his annual complaining.

Don’t sign a long term deal and then complain about it.

3. West Coast Giant says:

We NEED Osi! I don’t understand what Reese is doing. Everyone else in the NFC East has gotten (or at least attempted) to get better and all we have done is let our O-line go and re-sign our team that wasn’t good enough to make the playoffs last year.

Would be great to have gotten a Linebacker, another WR (B. Edwards) or more importantly restocked teh O-line to keep Eli upright.

Feels like we are “sellers” before the season starts.

• Jared says:

Don’t forget our mixed up, banged up o-line gave up the least amount of sacks last year (tied with Indy) and most of those games O’Hara and Suebert were not playing in. The Oline is going to be ok, it’s TE that I’m worried about. Mostly because Killdrive doesn’t know how to utilize a TE the way they should be used.

4. Russo757 says:

I agree that we need Osi. Id rather have him in the mix with tuck and JPP any day over Kiwi. DT is a big need as well. I dont think Canty is worth his stock and now we are relying on two rookies.
    Might be a rough year for Reese and Co.

• Ian G. says:

I agree, with osi there we can throw tuck or kiwi in there on as DT on some downs. Joesph abd austin are not going to have break out seasons this year for sure. Behind that we need LB. Right now we don’t have a strong defensive center. Teams will run all over us if we don’t asses the situation. Maybe we’ll pick up a big name DT for osi. That would be the best outcome if osi were to leave.