Preseason Game 1 Player of The Game: JPP

Tonights game was not very pleasant to watch but, there were a couple of bright spots. Every year during the preseason, I write my player of the game article. Tonights player of the game is Jason Pierre-Paul otherwise known as JPP. JPP had a MONSTER game tonight during the first quarter in which he recorded 7 tackles along with 2 sacks. As Jeremy mentioned in the post below, I also believe JPP will have a great year and will make the pro bowl.

7 Responses to “Preseason Game 1 Player of The Game: JPP”

1. PC says:

Agreed! He was the only bright side to this game! such a beast makes me say Osi who?? If we could get Carlson from the Seahawks for Osi I say game on!!
    I think Bear Pascoe is awesome too! Id love for him to be the real Tight End if we can only find a fullback that can block as good as him.

I think there was some bright spots. The poor tackling was hard to stomach, I’m sure Coughlin will have emphasis on tackling next week.

JPP looks good, so did some other players.

3. CMH says:

Carlson isn’t much of a blocker is he?

From what I’ve seen he’s alright as a blocker, but nothing special. The only problem I have is, if a team like the Seahawks, who IMO need secondary help desperately, was willing to pony up that much money for Zach Miller, how good could Carlson really be?

4. Matt says:

I loved JPP yesterday, and if we get the osi situation settled imagaine lining up tuck inside with JPP and osi outside from time to time. Deadly. Hopefully kiwi can do a solid job at linebacker, but I still feel it’s a whole that might undermine the other parts of the D. I don’t want to read into the offense to much. What can we expect honestly in pre season game one. I’m just afraid the o line and no good blocking tight end is really going to hurt this year. But I am still very condfodent in this team on offense and defense…. But they have a huge special teams problem. They looked horrid all last year and they looked horrid yesterday. the return game sucks. Jernigan has potential but the blocking on punt returns yesterday was even worse than either punt returner was. The coverage was terrible too. Field position is so much more important than some people think and I think we r going to really suffer there again. Btw, hopefully tynes will be ok but he’s an average kicker at best. Dodge looked good yesterday and I like weatherford but special teams as a whole scares me a lot.

5. JW says:

Loved the way Pierre-Paul played with fire and intensity. He was quick off the line and continued to attack. He was going against a pro-bowl LT, too. Jordan Gorss is no slouch. However, pro bowl? I wouldn’t get ahead of yourselves here. 7 tackles and 2 sacks in one quarter is very, very impressive. But when Osi Umenyiora comes back he will be playing over Pierre-Paul.

On the one sack he was moving inside and when Clausen saw that he started moving outside and then JPP literally stopped on a dime pushed his man inside and got to Clausen in milliseconds, one of the more impressive DE moves I’ve seen in a while. If this is only a few months away from consistent, we can have the steal of the 2010 draft.

Though I have to say I was happy with Witherspoon’s play as well, he should get some earlier snaps next week.