Goff Tears ACL; Giants Expected To Sign Kawika Mitchell

Oh, come on. Are you serious? According to PFT, middle linebacker Jon Goff has torn his ACL and is out for the season. According to Ralph Vacchiano, Goff hurt the knee in a collision with a teammate in yesterday’s practice.  PFT notes that the Giants are expected to re-sign Kawika Mitchell. This is just mind boggling.  What have the Giants done to piss of the injury gods?

14 Responses to “Goff Tears ACL; Giants Expected To Sign Kawika Mitchell”

1. kman says:

making me sick

2. Adam Y says:

Some strength and conditioning coaches better be on the chopping block. If this happened to just a couple people i would understand, but when close to half of the starting defense is out from injuries it means there is a deeper problem. And thats just this year, this has been a multi-year problem now. Preventing injuries should be one of the top priorities for the Giants now. If we didnt have all these season ending injuries the Giants would be a major play off contender, now we will be lucky to be 8-8.

That makes 3 starters and 3 more legitimate rotation players on defense missing a measurable amount of time, with 4 out for the season (that’s not even counting guys that were injured/waived like Witherspoon). All this and the season didn’t even start yet. I didn’t even know Kawika was on their radar, but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

4. francis burke says:

If Greg Jones becomes the starting MLB by default this will be the fastest rise to starting role in Giants history.

5. CMH says:

Need to take a hard look at Totupo.

Mitchell can’t play inside.

6. bd98711 says:

Ok this is getting weird. How many injuries does that make? Thomas, Osi, Johnson, Sintim, Prince, and now Goff. Im probably missing people. But this is crazy. Kawika is not a MLB if I recall. Does that mean Jones is the starting MLB? I sure hope not. I agree with CMH and bring in totupo. I think Coughlin is going to show his true colors here and strive as the underdog. Thats what he does best.

7. sam says:

we need KEITH BULLUCK! he played very well for us last year. hes 2 years removed from his injury he’ll be better then he was last year.Tutupu doesn’t know the defense so its between Kawika and Bulluck. I would bring them both in for a visit, but I really like Bulluck he had 2 interceptions with only 8 starts, Kawika only played 1 game last year 0 stats.

8. Chris says:

Idk about Mitchell, hes around 30 and coming off a major injury, it sounds crazy but I would resign Phillip Dillard for depth(he knows the system) and start Greg Jones

9. Ken says:

Maybe it’s time they reevaluate the turf that they play and practice on. Has any other team had had this many lower extremity injuries?

10. Sergio says:

Ridiculous!!! I seen this on ESPN and I SCREAMED! What is the strength and conditioning coach doing to fix this??? These guys are getting injured during practice that is NON-CONTACT!!! Can’t wait till these guys play at 100%…….Sorry, but I’m so pissed off and Giants season is over. Never felt like this before the start of any season started.

11. Michael S says:

Were fkn unlucky 🙁 u n b e l i e v a b l e

12. bd98711 says:

Anyone notice an odd trend here? Granted the Giants have it by far the worst but many teams have injuries. THE LOCKOUT has caused this. There was zero training camp and therefore players are out of shape and not ready to hit the game at full speed. And dont tell me they held their own training camps because they were not nearly as intense as real training camp. Lockout. That was the problem.

13. […] that Jon Goff is out for the season, the Giants need a replacement at middle linebacker. Before we find out who that […]