Giants Win 20-17

The Giants pulled one out of nowhere and beat the Dolphins 20-17. Victor Cruz had the go ahead TD. More later

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

10 Responses to “Giants Win 20-17”

How about Eli for MVP this year. Name someone doing more for their team……..

2. Júlio César says:

If Aaron Rodgers wasn’t playing like a man from a different planet, Eli would certainly be a big part of the MVP discussion

Agreed, Eli definitely in the Top 5 for MVP so far this year, but Rodgers is clear favorite, now if only we can put him out in a couple of weeks…

3. bd98711 says:

I think its about time to cut Jacobs lose. Let this team out of its misery with this guy. He has done absolutely nothing positive this season. He’s only going to get worse by complaining that he wasnt involved in the ‘Phins game enough. Well guess what Mr. Jacobs: You dropped a wide open screen pass and fumbled a carry. And when you were handed the ball not only did you not do anything with the ball, it really looked like you werent trying anymore. When Ware got the ball he looked like he was running with passion and playing for the extra yards while Jacobs looked like he was walking with the ball. Get rid of him cause its only going to get worse with him.

Eli played yet another GREAT game. A drop by Nicks and a drop by Ballard made this game closer but Eli played such an unbelievable game.

The O-Line has to do better on the running game. Bradshaw has no holes to run through. Defense played great for the last 3 quarters but still having trouble stopping the run. Anyone else miss Barry Cofeild in the middle of that defense?

Cruz and Manningham had great games. And definitely a shout out to a very underrated player throughout the league: COREY WEBSTER. On to NE.

• Roxanne says:

I was saying the exact same thing about Jacobs. Watching him was like pulling teeth. He did nothing productive for the Giants, yes he threw ONE decent block but that isn’t enough. He looked like he couldn’t care less and wanted the Giants to lose. I was a HUGE Jacobs fan, but not so much anymore.

4. dylanroth says:

I am and always will be a huge jacobs fan. I hate to see this guy struggle, but I know I have to meet reality and understand that he is counter-productive. Aside from that, our run-game still looks awful. Our O-line fail, week after week, to create holes. When will we get that 40-50 yard run?? Eli looks fantastic. Couldn’t be happier with his production. I do notice though, David Baas’s snaps are very low. He has got to fix this, because sooner or later that low-snap will turn into a fumble returned for a touchdown. Anyone else notice that??? Defense looks OKAY. We cannot stop the run. I don’t get it. How do we allow Reggie Bush to gain 100 yards? is that a joke? We safe missing too many tackles, and we aren’t getting enough pressure. Something needs to change. Any thoughts?

I think one big reason the running game is nowhere is that the defenses are forcing us to throw. So throw we must do and so far we are getting better and better at it. In time when defenses have to account for Cruz, the FB and Ballard the holes will open up.

I thought Diehl would help the run game and he hasn’t, he’s kind of disappeared. Snee has been injured too and he is by far the best run blocker we have had over the years.

If Nicks, Manningham, Cruz and Ballard stay healthy, maybe Beckum and Barden come on later in the season and the defenses will not be able to play so tight on the LOS. It would also help if we had better play calling and better designed plays but that’s another issue.

Many times defenses are letting Cruz and Ballard get open because they are more worried about the run. That will stop soon.

Jacobs is a waste sorry to say. But why is Scott not playing? He only runs a 4.2 40 and put up 200 yards rushing in his last college game. So he must be a terrible player in Coughlin’s eye’s since he’s a rookie……DUH.

Baas seems to be doing a good job and should improve as is Beatty. You can see the mistakes but also the improvements. Everybody has to still get it together and hopefully they suck it up, focus and get better execution in this very difficult stretch of games. The Pats are going to play hungry.

Rodgers is playing lights out but they have a better team.

I said it a long time ago and I’ll say it now. The fans cost the packers a super bowl by basically forcing the GM to hold on to Farve too long and not letting this kid take over sooner. I was shocked nobody took him and he fell in the draft with Alex Smith being picked before him. How do NFL GMs get their jobs, sign me up please!!!!!

Also this draft is one of the best for linebackers. Manti Te’o is my man, but there will be a few real studs. I think Reese played it smart not wasting high picks on linebackers and reaching, he knew it was this draft to get them. He tried but it was slim pickings in the past were we drafted. If he doesn’t come up with a pair of studs in 2012 I will be VERY disappointed.

Sintim was a good pick, it’s so hard to figure out if a college DE or rush linebacker can learn the NFL style of play. It might take up to 3-4 seasons to get it. Too bad he has injuries, I still back that pick. Had he not had injuries he might have been playing really solid footbal by now. I think it’s over for him and we’ll never know. Same for DeOssie. I wondered why with his size and speed he never turned into a good linebacker. With his spinal problems it’s amazing he’s such a good long snapper, if he couldn’t do that he would be out of football because of his back issues as is one of the best Olineman this past decade, Stacy Andrews. What a shame about Andrews.

Yes Bass tends to put it low to Eli. There are things that need to be fixed on the Oline without doubt. The new faces and lack of OTAs hurt.

After watching over the game again, I realized one thing nobody is talking about that is pretty encouraging. Cruz played GREAT out of the slot, and that’s what he needs to do for this team to compete. They say he gets better every week, and I believe it, I just hope it continues.