Brandon Jacobs: “I’ve got nothing positive to say”

Giants displeased running back Brandon Jacobs was blunt and up front in the Giants locker room after a 20-17 win over the visiting Dolphins. He hadn’t received many carries (four), and many of those he did get were while fellow running back Ahmad Bradshaw was being tended to on the sideline for foot pain according to Jane McManus of

“I’ve got nothing positive to say,” Jacobs said. “The most positive thing: I got family at home and I got a fast-a** car being delivered on Tuesday. That’s it.”

It’s been a rough week. First came the quote from a fitness magazine interview that Jacobs expected he’d need to be on a different team to play to his potential. Some analysts have come out and said Jacobs has a point. But when the running back got his opportunity against Miami, his first series included a fumble and a drop. Later, when he came in for an injured Bradshaw, some Giants fans booed his lack of production.

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

11 Responses to “Brandon Jacobs: “I’ve got nothing positive to say””

1. PC says:

Before everyone jumps on Jacobs back take a deep look at the piece of shit OC we have! He sucks period….
    He isn’t creative enough directing this offense so that guys like Jacobs and Bradshaw can get more production. He calls the same series of plays every game. We don’t set up the run right. Take a look at the Eagles they are a heavy passing team and as soon as defenses think they have it figured out Shady McCoy runs for over 100 yards. Our coaching is old and outdated for the 2011 NFL.
    I do think Jacobs has gotten a touch slower but he can give you that break out game that you really need i.e. The Eagles this year! He is angry and fired up and is in a bad mood thats perfect for the Giants. There is nothing better than an angry fired up Jacobs running the ball. He proved that last year when he got benched and then came in when Bradshaw was banged up and had a great couple of games towards the end of the season remember? What do you know Bradshaw is banged up this week. Give Jacobs the ball and make him earn his paycheck thats all he is trying to tell us…..

• Jeff says:

@PC, you’re really going to blame Jacobs issues on Gilbride? C’mon now. KG has plenty of faults to harp on, but anyone who actually watched the game could see Jacobs was dogging it. He tiptoed behind the line, like he’s been doing since the 09 season, and made no attempt to break a tackle. He dropped an easy pass which could have gotten 5 yards just from him catching it and had the possibility to be a big gain once he’s running at d-backs. And he fumbled a handoff right in his gut. He’s run his mouth lately, and pretty much said all the wrong things. And he’s not backing any of his talk up.

Obviously there’s issues with the run, since Bradshaw is looking pedestrian out there as well. The O line deserves the blame for a lot of it, but Jacobs used to fall forward for 4 yards and now he’s getting stopped for 2 yard losses. That’s because A) the O line is a sieve and B) Jacobs isn’t willing to punish his body for the good of the team.

• subsea says:

Good point. Just don’t become another Tiki Barber in the locker room.

Put your head down and run over people they way you used to. Don’t stand up the first time you get contact.

2. chris says:

cut his a**

3. PC says:

@ Jeff
    No Im not completely blaming Killdrive but he deserves some of the blame for sure don’t you think? I just think Jacobs still has an upside and everyone has a bad start. Eli had some really bad games no? We obviously aren’t calling for his head? I say let Jacobs finish out the year and use him a bit more. If he doesn’t live up to the hype cut him. If he does then you can trade him because he will have established some value. Giant fans are quick to just cut him. He has heart and don’t believe everything the media says alot of time they over play things athletes say so they can have a story. I think an angry Jacobs can be a very productive Jacobs thats reall all and Killdrive should man up and take notice and put him in the game more.
    Yeah he had a bad game against the Dolphins and I was definetly hoping for more output from both him and AB but they will be there in the clutch if Killdrive utilizes him the right way.
    I for one would much rather see Killdrives sorry ass go then Jacobs any day!!!

Actually plenty of people in the media and fans have called for Eli’s head on a number of occasions, which I find ridiculous, but to compare Eli to Jacobs in this situation is nonsensical. Eli is the consummate pro, he supports his community, is a great family man, is unscathed by anything, in essence, the Anti-Jacobs. I actually like Jacobs, I think you need a fiery guy out there, and having him at RB is always a good thing, however this playing for another team BS, whining to the media, is getting OLD. And I mean older than he is, in NFL running back terms.

4. bd98711 says:

Reporter: “Mr. Jacobs do you have anything to say about your performance on Sunday against the Dolphins?”

Jacobs: “I’ve got nothing positive to say.”

Reporter: “What about the effort youre putting in? It doesnt seem like youre running with the same passion as you used to?”

Jacobs: “I’ve got nothing positive to say.”

Reporter: “But youre going to be looking for a new team so this is in effect a tryout for you so dont you think its in your best interest to put 110%?”

Jacobs: “I’ve got nothing positive to say.”

The real blame should be on Will Beatty, he’s getting better as a pass blocker, but as a run blocker he’s about as mean, gritty, and aggressive as Prince Tuesday from the land of make believe on Mr. Rogers. Sometimes I feel bad criticizing him because he comes off as mentally challenged.

6. Lou says:

I think it’s time to hand the ball to Da’rel Scott…lets really see what he can do! we got flashes of it in pre-season…get him the ball!

Coaching staff likes DJ Ware too much, and putting 4 RB’s on the active roster isn’t going to happen. I’m with you though, DJ has never impressed me much, in fact I’d cut him and pick up Tashard Choice if I were the Giants (won’t happen though).

7. It?s actually a great and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.