Brandon Jacobs only plays for his teammates

Giants running back Brandon Jacobs is making news on a daily basis.

“I’m playing for my teammates, my brothers,” Jacobs said on Tuesday. “That’s who I care about. I don’t care about anybody else to be honest with you. I don’t care if [fans] cheer for me another day. They could boo me every day. But they should boo when I’m about to score these touchdowns.”

“You’re going to see a change, man. You’re going to see a change,” Jacobs said.

Let’s see if Jacobs can compliment Ahmad Bradshaw and power through the Patriots in Foxborough on Sunday.

7 Responses to “Brandon Jacobs only plays for his teammates”

1. CMH says:

This guy is a nut job. why would anyone cheer what he did last weekend? Too bad- his previous style made him a real fan favorite.

• David says:

Onto a different reply or question. Out of 32 Qb’s in the league Eli is rated as the 3rd best in the NFL. Up to this point the daily news still won’t give Eli the respect he deserve’s. It’s just totally undeserving for him to get no credit. But the likes of josh freeman in tampa which totally sucks, they still keep saying he still is good and he will be ok. Eli Who shattering every recod still no dam respect. What else does he have to do

The same teammates that he wants to leave so he can showcase his talents?? Brandon, you only care about YOURSELF, it’s becoming more and more obvious, and these little quips from you are alienating yourself from the fans, and there are very few teams looking for that kind of player in the body of an aging running back. Good luck next year.

3. bd98711 says:

…And you know who Brandon Jacobs’ only teammate is??? HIMSELF! Hence he only plays for himself.

4. Jared says:

Playing? Is that what he is calling that atrocious attempt at running the football on Sunday? Dude didn’t even show up! This pisses me off more than anything else that has happened this year. I used to love the way he played. When he was splitting lips and knocking Landry on his ass there wasn’t much more I would rather be watching, but now he is a shadow of his former self and that original Bad Ass is not coming back! Guaranteed!

That’s what bothers me the most, Giants fans love this guy, we’ve loved watching him play hard, run hard, and even when he isn’t as effective as we’d like, we stood by him knowing eventually he’d bust out a big scary run, he kept the other teams defenses on edge and that’s important for our success. I just hope he realizes that we aren’t booing him because we don’t like him, we’re doing it because he doesn’t like us.

I think he lost his courage. It’s like a fight, which he has been involved with boxing for a while, you lose your courage and you lose your heart. He has no heart to play hard and play physically, so he is useless now. You can’t play football without the heart and desire to play, he has obviously lost that when he got the pay check. Who’s he kidding?