Koets Set To Be Released

Adam Koets is set to be released, perhaps as soon as today, according to Mike Garafolo of the Star Ledger. He tore his ACL towards the end of last year, and has not progressed as expected. Koets had been a valuable backup, but Kevin Boothe and Stacy Andrews have made his presence less necessary.

12 Responses to “Koets Set To Be Released”

• Big Daddy says:

Albert King, yes he was an amazing blues guitarist but he has passed years ago.

I don’t think any other Albert is worth it.

If Belichick can’t find a way to make it work nobody can.

Marvin Austin will be back next season and he will be a monster.

I thought he was starting to play well as a center. Some players especially big men take longer to physically mature, it happens all the time especially in the NBA.

Too bad, it looked like he had a good career ahead of him in the NFL. Injuries are hurting the NFL. Why so many injuries not only on the Giants? And they wanted to go to an 18 game season, preposterous!!!

I think the NFL has to reevaluate their stance on padding and equipment overall. I see so many player without knee pads, that’s just crazy, it should be mandatory. I also see that the fields have too much traction and it is causing way too many leg injuries. Remember how Hixon torn his knee, from the field. I see so many players get their cleats caught in the field like it’s glue.

Football was meant to be played on grass or in mud.

2. chris says:

Albert would be great for 10 plays a game and we only have to pay him the minimum. Could not hurt us in the run game or our rotation because we did look tired in the 4th. Put him out there the best they could do is one on one and i just dont see him loosing that battle. Im just saying we got great veterans on D, Tuck, kiwi, Canty, and Osi. They all play hard and would not be affected if Albert keeps his lazy ways. All i see is a win win. If he is half what he used to be, win, if he is not cut him and you are only out a few 100 k, win. Why not add to our already great rotation?

3. bd98711 says:

Forget fat Albert. Our Dline is playing fine and our lockerroom doesnt need a 180. I say get a DB. Ours seem to be dropping like flies.

I think we have the deepest and best Dline in the NFL. We doan need no stinkin’ Alberts.

I can’t wait for Marvin to show next season.

I’m liking this team more and more because of the defense and ELI.

I can actually watch a game now without it turning my stomach. It made me happy to be able to do that I was really down on these guys. Not the players, the coaches.

I still hate killdrive. I can live with gogolfing(Coughlin)……

Please, please Mr. Reese get Manti Te’o for us next draft, please.

• Russo757 says:

I gotta agree with you on that call. NY needs a linebacker terribly and he looks like a MONSTER. After that beef up the O-Line and I think the team is stout.

I like our safety’s too but a ball hawk like Earl Thomas or Eric Berry would fit in nice once we get the DBs healthy. We need some more picks in the back field.

• Chris says:

Huge ND fan, Manti Te’o has been injured all year and is still a beast i hope he falls to u all the way to the 32nd pick. Get there.

• Russo757 says:

I can see a few trades to help us move up in the queue. I like Jacobs but I dont think he will be with NY after this season. Osi will also have a high trade value although I think they need to man up and pay the guy, get a legit LB and let him, Tuck, Kiwi, and JPP rain havoc on O-Lines

• Chris says:

You cant pay him. JPP is going to be as good a pass rusher if not better and much better against the run. Osi wont take a back seet, got to trade him. We can prob get a 2nd or a 3rd, peace, win one more before you go.

He won’t need to take a back seat, all three will see plenty of time on the field, there’s no reason to trade him (unless he truly is unhappy here, which I don’t think is true), he just wants to get paid and he will.

5. chris says:

I wish you were rite but there is no way he is getting what he wants. He want top ten money, we dont have it for him. We got TT this year he will be cheaper now but still allot, maybe Mario and then KP, kiwi, Tuck over the next couple years. There is no room for him. We will get a pick for him and enjoy the rookie wage scale.