Turnovers=Bad Loss

Tough loss and turnovers. The Giants have lost all of their three games because of turnovers and its as simple as that. In games that the Giants have won Eli Manning has only thrown 2 INT’s. In games that they have lost, Eli has thrown 4 INT’s. They key for the Giants is: if Eli holds on to the ball and makes smarter throws, they will have a better chance of winning the game. As a die hard Giants fan, after every loss I get the worst feeling in the world and don’t feel like doing anything for the rest of the night. A loss ruins my Sunday but eventually, I realize that there is another week and regardless of the loss, the Giants are still 6-3 and in first place. Even though this loss stings just like any other loss, next week is a new week. Next week the Giants will play host to Philadelphia who looked horrible vs the John Skelton led Cardinals today. Even though the Eagles are 3-6, the Giants should come out focused and prepared because a Cowboys win next week over the Redskins and a Giants loss means tie for first place. So Giants fans keep your head up, it will all work out in the end and lets get a win next week!

8 Responses to “Turnovers=Bad Loss”

1. jce says:

Sure they made some mistakes but they played well
    regardless. They where there at the end and maybe
    manningham should have caught that pass. The niners
    caught some breaks. I say next game vs the eagles is
    more urgent to maintain lead. The G men are an exciting
    young team. Playoffs a definite possibility.

2. Jeff says:

The Giants were 4th and 2 yards away from sending the game to overtime. They suffered through a lot of mistakes and bad plays against a 49ers team which played a relatively error-free game, and were still in the game until the last play. The 49ers are a solid team and the Giants didn’t win because they made more mistakes. The loss of boley hurt too, he doesn’t let Vernon Davis make that play.
    The Giants need to win next week before facing NO and GB.

Sorry if I come off bitter, but the turning point to me was on 3rd and 1 when they called Tollefson offsides on what was CLEARLY a false start, I mean Walker completely stood up in his position and put his hands up to block when Tollefson made his move. A BIG missed call, lead to the big VD play (which like Jeff says doesn’t happen with Boley out there IMO as well). They still showed resiliency until the end of the game (also a HORRIBLE no call on Manningham in the end zone, then again they were grabbing and pulling jerseys all day on us and didn’t get the flags so why expect it then?). Big game next week, we need to develop a home field swagger, which hasn’t happened yet. New Orleans is definitely winnable as well, they aren’t the same perfect, mistake free team that beat us up and down the field a couple years ago.
    I’m proud of all the young guys, if we can find a way to keep them (and keep them on the field) over the next few years, we’re going to win another Lombardi.

4. PC says:

Man I hope Boley can play next week but he may be out for a bit. Thats a tremendous loss for the Giants. I still think the play calling sucks and we need to get better at that.

There was some weird play calls down the line (such as the double play calls on the last drive which forced Eli to attempt 3 fourth down conversions), but the play calling was so good on the first two drives that I’ll give Killdrive a pass. Defensively however, there was WAY too much soft zone coverage, then again, the one time they went man there was a blown coverage and a big touchdown so…

5. I Hate Onsides says:

I just hope they get a rematch….and watch out for the F’n onsides. Onside kicks suck…I think they are unsportsmanlike and should only be allowed in the 4th quarter. Even if it were flipped and the Giants had kicked the onside and recovered. It also proves they were afraid of the Giants offense and lacked confidence in their own defense. What a pussy move by harbaugh…..I still hate sean payton for doing it against the colts during the SB. Bunch of BS……..

6. CMH says:

– Gotta give props to DJ Ware. Never been a fan but he played hard yesterday.

– Ballard continues to impress. Beckum continues to disappear.

– Looks like Barden wasn’t even targeted once. wonder why?

– The DT’s played really well. DE’s not so much. Opposite of predicted.

• Russo757 says:

yeah I expected way more pressure on the QB in passing situations. Smith had way too much time to find open receivers.

Draw play against the #1 Run D on 3rd and 2 in a must convert situation was a bad idea.

Lookied like Ware was open for the short dump off on that final play that Eli tried to force to Cruz (Which i dont think he would have caught had the pass not been batted down)

Manningham had a good game minus not staying on his route and causing an INT.

Cruz dropped too many passes for my liking. The kid is going to be elite, but its obvious he still has some growing to do.

On a side note, this is the second game in a row where ive watched our receivers jerseys get pulled while on routes. It would be nice to see a flag throw sometime this season for that BS.