Giants sign former Cowboy WR Isaiah Stanback; release QB Perrilloux

The Giants have signed wide receiver/return specialist Isaiah Stanback to the practice squad, releasing quarterback Ryan Perrilloux to make room.

The versatile, ex-Cowboy Stanback had worked out for the Giants on October 17.

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

7 Responses to “Giants sign former Cowboy WR Isaiah Stanback; release QB Perrilloux”

It’s time to start talking draft and who the Giants will hire as their new HC.

I’ll go first and say Bill Cowher will get first dibs…..

First round pick….Manti Te’o for our new 3-4 defense.

I’m excited about this offseason already.

2. Lou says:

Jeff Fisher. Not Cowher. Fisher. Perfect fit.

3. Eric says:

Id say cowher. also, this is the 6th time theyve released perrilloux this season, i feel bad for the kid. they keep dropping him and picking him back up when somone gets hurt or doesnt work out

4. Chris says:

Keep Tom Coughlin and add spaggs as DC when the rams let him go. Done. Bring back 07, with a comparable d line, hopefully better LB core, and a much better secondary. And please can we find a run game again because if eli can play like this again next year we could be that good.

• Big Daddy says:

You can’t do what you did once and expect the same results. It’s a completely different set of circumstances. Spags was a hungry guy looking to prove himself and get a HC job, now he is a loser. Not really, to me he’s a great guy and excellent DC but that’s the perception so he will be looked at differently by the players.

I wish it were that easy just bring back the old guys, how about Strahan too. Rekindle that old romance… won’t work.

I have said this before, if you can’t get better then Coughlin then change for the sake of change rarely works. But we need a better OC and DC. Fewell took the cowards way out and retreated when the injuries came. Instead of getting more aggressive he became passive. That’s the afraid to lose mentality that will insure that you do just that, so he must go too.

I would rather lose by being too aggressive then lose by being too passive. This is a sport were aggression is rewarded. I see a passive team unsure of itself without an identity and without veteran leadership on the field and in the club house, no accountability. I see a lot of favoritism from Coughlin toward his veterans even when younger players out play them. Case in point this season Tuck and Osi over JPP who has out played both against the run and pass. Prince was ready to play long before he got his chance, when asked Fewell said he was ready and it was Coughlin’s call, again ignoring rookies. Well when he did get in he made a great recovery and an INT most DBs would not have caught.

I see a reluctance to play Scott even though that was NOT a fumble. Even if he did he has to get snaps to get into game condition but Coughlin is a coward and returned back to an ineffective Jacobs from fear. So we see a coaching staff of cowards, Coughlin, Fewell and killdrive are cowardly and this team like all teams takes on the coaches personality. The lack of enforcement when Eli was roughed up proves it.

Harry Carson said similar things to what I am saying. You can’t let another team do what they did to Eli and get away with it. But IMO Coughlin took that aggression away. He eliminated the veterans committee and then brought it back, too late he lost this team. This is not a cohesive unit, a team of I’ll watch your back and you watch mine.

Tim Tebow said something to his team about a passage in the bible. Something to the affect metal sharpens metal or something like that, I wish I had the exact quote. But what he meant was that I make you better and you make me better as a team. This is what the Giants are lacking, it’s not about injuries or any other excuse. It’s about leadership and pride, win or lose we go down fighting together.

I do not see a team out there, just a bunch of guys playing football. But isn’t this just what we see every season at this time from the Giants. The players change but the same thing happens, so it must be someone’s fault. Someone has to take the blame.

How can you blame Reese? He has nothing to do with how the players play. You can put the blame on the players they are the one playing the game. But a true leader takes responsibility and I have never seen Coughlin take that responsibility because he knows if he does, if he does he admits that he should be fired. Which to me is an admission itself.

Coughlin took the cowards way out when he was told to fire his coordinators before the end of the season a few years back before the super bowl win. People forget too easily…….

So Tebow is a better leader than Eli because he quotes Bible passages??
        The Giants aren’t lacking leadership, they’re lacking healthy players on the field.

• Big Daddy says:

Yes that’s what I said Tebow is a better leader then Eli, he is, but he’s about 10% the quarterback.

And my question is why are so many Giants injured every season? I don’t have the answers, I don’t have the statistics, I don’t have their records on injury and rehab and I don’t have any idea as to what the reason is.

I want to know and wonder if there is an investigation going on in house by Mara and Reese as to why. Is there something this team is doing wrong? I want them to find out and fix it if they can. It’s been going on for years now.

Don’t you?