Ballard call wrong? You decide

Some pictures have emerged on the Tom Coughlin challenge on QB ELi Manning’s pass to TE Jake Ballard early in the game. The referee’s ruled no touchdown, and the Giants challenged. Here are two pictures of the play. You decide! Catch, or no catch?

Picture ONE:

Picture TWO:

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

33 Responses to “Ballard call wrong? You decide”

1. WOPNESS says:

catch, definite catch.

Also we would have won if Eli didnt throw it right to clay for a pick 6

2. GMEN says:

Yep! LIke I said last night… That was a catch all damn day… Why even have instant reply if they are going to get it wrong anyway???

3. Mikes92 says:

Wow that sucks. We would’ve won if the zebras got the right call -.-… And on Donald drivers TD, he stepped out and came back in but apparently if the ruling is TD, they can’t call a penalty on the review -.-.. WOW

4. tzoidman says:

I watched the play, the reviews, the pictures, I do not see where he ever gets any part of his left leg down. I am a jints fan since the ’50’s and sorry to say I think the call is correct.

TD!!!!!!!!!Score…no what….no TD, wow.

That was a touchdown, but this goes on all the time with officials, watch any game and you will see it. The Giants also had their fare share of calls go their way.

6. GoodCall says:

Article 3 Completed or Intercepted Pass. A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward
    pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:
    (a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and
    (b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands

He hit with his right foot, then right knee. The left knee never hit. It was a good call.

7. Mike says:

You’re right on point GMEN.

To make it even clearer, just turn up the brightness of the photo. Clear as day.

8. rory says:

league wants greenbay to go undefeated. call me a conspiracy theorist but its true.

9. Roxanne says:

Based on these pictures, I’ll have to take back my previous statements. Its funny how they blow this but say jennings maintained possession on his “TD”. Giants won yesterdays game and I don’t care what the record shows, they are pumped and keeping the moment.

• GMEN says:

Exactly….. So I go back to my original point – Whats the point of having replay if they ignore the obvious. They sure didnt miss a beat on Greenbay’s calls though, huh?

10. mainelylobsta says:

You can’t whine about a blown call. In superbow XLII officials missed a hands to the face call that would have ended a Giant’s drive that resulted in a touchdown. Takes those points of the board and Patriots win.

• GMEN says:

No one is whining , dummy… Facts are facts . You can’t compare a penalty of hands to the face to a blown missed TD call … I smell a Giant hater… Go hone, son!

• Bilko says:

Oh please, blatantly obvious bullshit calls all game long in favor of the Pack. Gmen should have been leading all game. Well see them again in the playoffs and rightfully take our W.

11. mainelylobsta says:

You gets some call and you lose some calls. That’s the way it is. It not the first time and it won’t be the last time. It the only way a team can go undefeated.

12. GMEN says:

Lobsta huh? New England lobsta? Aaaagggain. Replay was supposed to fix blown calls not make undefeated teams

• mainleylobsta says:

Wow I didn’t think there were any fans more fanatical than Red Sox Fans. Name calling? You should be whining about the other five loses the giants have. A blown call is a blown call. A penalty call can change the momentum of the game. By the way the Patriot will be in the playoffs the giants won’t. Dallas will beat thhe giants next time they play.

• GMEN says:

Your remedial football knowledge makes you sound as dumb as a rock… Well no.. I need to apologize to the rock — you’re dumber. Sorry rock..

13. mainleylobsta says:

Giants lost to the packers because they simply are not as good as the packers. Dallas 34 Giants 7 You saw it here first

• GMEN says:

LOL — Wait time out! Time out.. Loserbsta! you saw THAT here first! yep!

• mainelyobsta says:

I would be upset too iF my team has lost 4 in a row instead of winning four in a row. Giants are about to extend that streak to 5 games when they lose to the cowboys.

• GMEN says:

Blah Blah Blah… Lets go back 5 years and compare ;

COWBOYS ZERO

Difference between you and me (other then im smarter, better looking and more talented) IS MY TEAM could lose 16 in a row and I still stand by them. I dont run in and out of the woodwork like a rat.

You know lobsters crap in theirs shells — makes sense you would pick that as your name , cuz you;re full of it… CRAP!

• mainleylobsta says:

The Decade 2001-2010

Patriots 3 Super Bowl Wins
            Giants 1 questionable win

I know when I have one an argument because the loser always changes the subject and resorts to personal attacks. I never questioned your loyalty to the Giants.

• GMEN says:

You make personal attacks easy — but since we are taking a freaking Bill and Teds time machine..

Giants 3 Super Bowls (87,90,07)

Patriots Zero after Bill was caught videotaping his opponents..

Then lets go one stop further… GIANTS 2007 patriots 2005

Unless you’re in Bizarro world? (Or full of lobster crap)

2007 is more current then 2005…

Just like your team — you LOSE!

• mainleylobsta says:

Just so you know Giants Super Fan, The Colts won the super bowl in 2007. Giants won in 2008. Patriots did win in 2005. You know more about the Patriots than the giants. T

• GMEN says:

Hey – just so you know nostradummass, the Giants won the Super Bowl for the 2007 season in February 2008. Your comments keep getting dummer and dummer! Plus I love you how keep riding my shaft – cant get enough of me over here in Giant land? You in love, huh? Sorry you swimming in the wrong ocean chowderhead.

• GMEN says:

Oooohhhh… You were soooooo close in your prediction!!!! NOT! hahahahahahahahahha!!!!!! haaaahahahahahahhahahahahahah!!!!

14. lhotta says:

If I recall correctly, there was not a single holding call in the entire game. When was the last time that happened?