Manning’s masterpiece lifts Giants in Dallas; 37-34

On the verge of being knocked to the edge of the playoff chase, Manning led the Giants to two touchdowns in the final 3:14 and Jason Pierre-Paul blocked a field goal as time expired, giving New York a 37-34 victory over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night.
“Good to get that winning feeling again,” Manning said.

New York ended a frustrating four-game losing streak filled mostly with narrow losses to division leaders. The Giants (7-6) appeared headed to another setback when they were trailing 34-22 with 5:41 left, but a series of clutch plays on their part and meltdowns by Dallas reshaped the division race.

With three weeks left, these clubs are tied atop the NFC East. New York has the inside track and will host Dallas in a season-ending rematch on New Year’s Day.

Manning was 27 of 47 for 400 yards and two touchdowns. He was intercepted once, on a tipped pass, and it led to a touchdown that appeared to put the game away for Dallas.

But Manning came back with a pair of touchdown drives. The first went 80 yards in eight plays, capped by an 8-yard touchdown pass to Jake Ballard. The New York defense had allowed Tony Romo to throw touchdown passes on the two previous possessions, but it forced a punt, and it was a short one. Then the Dallas defense had two penalties that helped scoot along a drive capped by a 1-yard touchdown run by Brandon Jacobs, with D.J. Ware adding a 2-point conversion.

“Guys stepped up and made some big plays,” Manning said.

6 Responses to “Manning’s masterpiece lifts Giants in Dallas; 37-34”

1. Roxanne says:

That game took a few years off my life. When Dallas went up by 12 I turned off my TV and picked up the slippers I threw and muttered a few of my favorite words. Then I thought of my father walking out of a Knick game only to have them come back and win so reluctantly I turned the TV back on. And I’m pretty glad I did (and I take back all the mean things I said about the Giants).

Manning was Manning. Reliable in the clutch. Leader in the huddles. Even got the obligatory INT and intentional grounding call out of the way early. BUT he turns the improbable into the fully capable. Giants don’t get beat, they lose games. Thankfully not this one.

Jacobs – WHAT?!? Played with heart, ran thru people, even thought I saw a hurdle thrown in there too. He got 101 yards and 2 TD’s to show for his effort. Kudos to him. Best game of the season for him. I like this Jacobs better than the Jacobs of 3 weeks ago.

Pierre-Paul. I have no words for him. Just the horrible image of Madison Hedgecock doing his “rowing to the pro-bowl” TD celebration a few years back.

Congrats to Romo for walking away without anything broken. (besides his heart and pride)

Hope the Giants can keep this momentum! GO GMEN.

This defense HAS to get better, when they went down 12, I had no confidence they would win, I knew Eli would lead us to at least another touchdown, even the two weren’t out of the question, but I knew for sure our defense would find a way to blow it, which they did. If not for one of the few times icing the kicker actually worked and another big JPP play we’re pretty much a coin toss away from losing.
    If this defense doesn’t learn to play starting NOW, we’re not even going to beat Washington.

Also Al Michaels has dementia, and Collinsworth is Forrest Gump with a microphone. Listening to these two guys is dreadful, I’m so thankful there’s no more night games on our remaining schedule.

4. Kman says:

Regardless of what happens the rest of the season, our future is bright with guys like JPP on the team. If a player is quoting the coach after games that’s always a good sign. Say what you want about Coughlin, he’s a great coach, as for some of the other coaching personnell, I could do without.

Huge Win though and a great one to watch.

Go Giants

5. Viz says:

Coughlin to stay or not to stay? I am in agreement with Kman. Who is out there that would be a better coach than Coughlin? However, I cannot say that about Perry Fewell! When is this defense ever going to bond? It has been 13 games played and the defense still looks horrible! We need Linebackers badly. Not one (with the exception of Boley) can cover anyone. The DB’s don’t know this so called defensive scheme…they look totally lost out there. Ross is always 10 yds. from his receiver, Prince looked like me out there last night and Rolle looked like a rookie himself. With all of the DB talent (on paper), this defense should not be giving up big plays on nearly every down. The only time I feel confident in the defense is when the offense is out there! Sorry that I am “venting” here folks but it is so frustrating to see this every week. If not for Eli and company on offense, last night’s game would have been another big loss in big D. Perry Fewell..What the he** are you getting paid for? Go G-Men!

6. dave bassman says:

kildrive has to start playing offense like he knows his defense sucks.. its the only way the giants will have a comfortable game.. why? the offense can scrore with anyone, stop being so damn conservative on offense.. perfect example.. Eli hits Nicks for a bomb to the 5 yard line.. huge play… next 3 plays? two fades to the left end zone, and a run up the middle.. 3 points… LOL nice inventive play calling Kildrive.. then look at the cowgirls.. they get in the red zone and the play with speed, and run a play that hasnt been seen before, easy touchdown.. does that ever happen with the Giants??? answer.. nope.. NEVEr.. never a gdaget play.. NEVER a fake reverse to keep the LB’s and DB”s honest never.. the craziest theyve gotten all year was a direct snap to the RB with ELi faking like the snap went over his head.. LOL. huge play, loss of 3 yards..

open it up.. lets go KillDrive..

Bc