Programming Note: T and M

Alert: no thoughts and musings today. We apologize for the inconvenience. Feel free to discuss the game here

9 Responses to “Programming Note: T and M”

1. chris says:

ain’t that something biggest game of year and no thoughts and amusing

2. CMH says:

Eli was amazing. His accuracy on the deep ball is really something to watch.

Great to see Jacobs run like that again. We have missed that power and aggression.

O line seems more aggressive and nasty w Petrus in there. Diehl deserves lots of credit for largely neutralizing Ware. Ballard is now better than Boss ever was.

I hated the Paul pick but wow was I wrong. Only thing I like better than this kid’s athleticism is his work ethic. Joseph and Canty were solid. Grant doesn’t cover very well but did a nice job in run support.

Where was Tuck? Another injury related poor performance.
    Our LBs not named Boley simply are not very good.
    Ross is always a step behind in coverage.
    Prince looked like a rookie.

I don’t think it’s the O-line being more aggressive as much as teams pulling safeties back in fear of Eli picking them apart. Though I really don’t think it’s a coincidence that the line is at its best without Beatty, I don’t think I like anything about that guy.

3. bd98711 says:

Here are mt T and M:

-MVPs in this game are Eli and JPP no doubt. I think Dallas would have scored 50 if it werent for JPP.

-LVPs in this game were Manningham and Rolle. We got lucky that Manningham dropped that ball cause we scored anway and it gave Dallas less time and heck they may have even scored a TD to win the game with more time and a woefull Giants prevent (yourself from winning) defense, but my gosh ya gotta make that catch on a beautifully thrown ball. And Rolle was so out of position on atleast 2 of the Dallas TDs.

-Jacobs played a great game and I know why. You could tell he was running differently this game than in previous games. He had a huge chip on his shoulder. He does not like the ‘Boys at all. There was trash talk all wee and Jacobs used that as fuel. I dont know if people noticed but on the first Jacobs TD he did his weird dance specifically on the Dallas “star” logo. Kind of reminded me what TO did back in the day. I was surprised nothing really came of that because it looked like it was done on purpose. O-Line played really well. I realle like Petrus. I could see the Giants letting go of Diehl and hos contract to make way for Petrus to start next season.

-Cruz and Nicks were beasts.

-Syill cant stand Gilbride and his play calling. When the Giants got that huge pass in the 1st quarter to Nicks, they had 1st and goal from the 6 i think. First play: fade to corner. 2nd: fade to corner. 3rd: draw. That was just frustrating to watch. Run it or do play action. If the fade doesnt work the first time then dont force it. And then you do a draw with DJ Ware on 3rd? C’mon! Just horrible. Left 4 points on the board there.

Great game… gotta beat the pesky ‘Skins this week.

4. I Hate Onsides says:

Great game by JPP and Eli. The only upsetting thing I heard today was Colin Cowterd and Trent Dilfer dont like the Giants chances if they make the playoffs because of the Giants pass defense or their inability to stop big play passes late in the 4th quarter. But they failed to mention that Green Bay is 31st in the league against the pass and we kept up with them but left them 58 seconds on the clock. Could of went either way I think…same with San Fran. The Saints game I cant explain other than no offense and too many 3 and outs coupled with the fact Brees is superhuman in his superdome.
    The Giants are starting to look good going down the stretch here and if they keep playing this way I think they really do have a shot at going to Indy. It would only be fitting to see Peytons’ lil bro win a Super Bowl in his “house”. I mean really the Giants could have beat Green Bay and supposedly they are this years favorites to win it all so I think it could happen if Eli keeps performing the way he has.

• Viz says:

I Hate Onsides,
      I love your love for the Giants! However, we all have been waiting (13 games now) for the defense to finally click, it has not happened yet. The defense is so out of sync with each other it hurts to watch. To make it to Indy you need a good defense. Like the saying goes…”Defenses win championships”. Perry Fewell must go. Perhaps Spags will come back as our defensive coordinator? Go G-Men!

If I wasn’t sick I would make a bigger more involved write up. Just not up to it….

But Yes my favorite whipping boy should get a dozen lashes for his moronic play calling, 2 fades and a cloud of turf, what was that? I can’t see how he can come back even if Coughlin stays.

He doesn’t know how to use personnel, he uses Ballard when he should be using Beckum, it makes no sense how he rotates and uses personnel in situations.

Why was JPP not playing when Osi was starting over him, again that was Coughlin. When the Oline was horrendous why was Petrus not even suited up? These are the questions I have that have no common sense answer. Like putting Cruz on IR last year, he obviously has talent but is making mistakes now that had he been on the team last season he might not be making.

Even if we keep Gogolphing it’s time for a new OC and DC, period.

If you’re blaming coaching on a professional wide receiver dropping balls you really are reaching for something to say. Osi is a pro-bowl caliber DE, I have no problem with him starting over JPP, especially when they found ways to get them both on the field when needed (and I know Osi isn’t the best at stopping the run, but he wasn’t in the game yesterday and Felix Jones looked like Barry Sanders on steroids).