Giants 2012 Opponents

These are the following Giants opponents for the 2012-2013 season.

Home: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers

Away: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals

14 Responses to “Giants 2012 Opponents”

1. niftykettles says:

Wow, that is one tough schedule

2. Ryan says:

WOW THAT’S ROUGH!

3. Jason says:

Damn thats rough !

I don’t care what we win or lose or who the coach is, they get a pass next season. That is the most brutal schedule I have ever seen.

If we go 2-14 I would not be mad, seriously. This is moronic by the NFL. In my many years watching the NFL I never saw anything like that. Does Green bay, the Saints, pats and so on have such tough schedules?

We might just have the top 10 first round pick in 2013.

My jaw dropped when I saw that….wow.

Yup, that’s what we get for winning the division. 7 playoff teams, 4 with Dallas and Philly, 2 vs. Washington and Cam Newton on the road. Thank goodness Cleveland and Tampa are on there, but both of those teams could be improved this coming year as well, definitely not easy, let’s just hope the league doesn’t compile them in a brutal fashion like this year.

6. CHeeKZ Money says:

how r our random selects the packers and san fran?

We couldn’t get Denver or Houston?

It isn’t selected randomly, it’s the teams that finished in the same position within their division, inside your conference, that aren’t in the division that you’re slated to play against. So in other words in the NFC the first place teams are the Packers, 49ers, Saints and Giants.
      the Giants play the NFC South so the Saints are included, which means the other remaining teams are Packers and 49ers.
      Eagles (2nd) will play Lions and Cards.
      Cowboys (3rd) will play Bears and Seahawks.
      Redskins (4th) will play Vikings and Rams.
      Sorry I couldn’t think of a clearer way to explain it, but I’m sure you get it.

Well the only positive is that we will be in a position to draft Manti Te’o. He stayed in school at Notre Dame and if he is what I think he is he will be a top 10 first round pick. He’s just what we need, a star linebacker. Too bad it will take till the 2013 season to see him.

Don’t be surprised if Spags is back with Philly as their DC. The guy they have now is terrible and is an ex-offensive coach. That’s the logical move for the Eagles. They will be better. So will Shananhan and the Redskins, they will be improved. As long as Jerry Jones is running the show I don’t think the Cowboys will be a threat and will regress.

Some of the other teams are good and getting better or outright better right now.

I think with that schedule no matter what happens this season Coughlin and his staff will be back. It makes a big difference having a meat grinder for next season’s schedule. I expect a lot of new faces and the same coaches. The purge will not be until 2012’s end.

• Russo757 says:

The giants would be idiots to keep Fewell and let Spags slide to Philly. Its obvious he hasnt brought the intensity to the defense that he was suppose to. The talent is there, they just need a leader. I think you offer Spags a spot with a team that he had a proven track record with and a decent salary and he takes the job.

• Big Daddy says:

He might be looking for another head coaching job. Maybe he doesn’t want to work with Coughlin again? Many reasons to return to Philly rather then the Giants. Mara is cheap, so I doubt he offers him a boatload of money.

Let’s give the talent we have on our D-line some credit here for a minute. With Spags it was Strahan in his prime, with Fewell it’s a young JPP. It doesn’t matter who’s calling the plays, hell I could probably call the plays, if Osi, Tuck and JPP are getting to the QB we win more games, PERIOD. Remember Spags was the guy behind those first two games in 07 as well. Nothing against the guy, but if he goes to Philly I have absolutely no more worries than I would with Juan Castillo. Either way, if Babin regresses (which is a real possibility, he plays way too aggressively and can wear himself out or get injured), they aren’t as well off.
        Now let’s stay healthy ourselves and another NFC East title isn’t out of the question, schedule from hell or not.

8. Justin says:

Hate to sound like a cry baby but this doesn’t seem fair. 11 games vs teams .500 or better? Might as well make it 13 games with the way the Eagles finished 2011. Next year is gonna be super tough again, I hope we don’t a have stretch of 8 straight against playoff teams, that will likely happen though. Oh well, lets keep kickin ass this year!

9. Michael says:

For the Giants thats a rough schedule but look what they did with all the guys on IR this year and guys who missed a bunch of games. I mean the giants only lost to the 9ERS by 7 to the packers by 3 and to the Eagles by 7 so with a healthy giants team next year and with everyone back i can see the Giants doing very well because they have the second Best Coach in the NFL which is Tom Coughlin who has that team in Line right now and will next year has well the players love him and playing for him. Look what he did with 11 Rookies starting and playing this year.

10. PC says:

I am actually excited about this schedule. I think it challenges the Giants and hopefully early in the season too. I think if the team stays healthy and guys like TT come back strong we could be in the thick of it all…