Your Turn: Giants Packers

The big game is tomorrow. We’ve discussed a lot this week. Now it’s your turn. What do you think is going to happen tomorrow? Let us know.

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

12 Responses to “Your Turn: Giants Packers”

1. 007 says:

I gotta’ think the PACK wins, but a good close game. However, if the G-men pull it out I won’t be upset.

2. Chris says:

The giants are going to pull this one off. We got to play our brand of football from years past. POUND the rock and get after the passer. Go Giants.

I aways felt that when it comes to the playoffs the team with the best defense wins. And I mean in every sport, not just football.

It looks like the niners are going to win, they have the much better defense and although the game is not over they have been out playing the Saints offense.

So I go with Giants tomorrow because their defense has been pulling it together. People are getting healthy and are getting used to playing together. It’s really all about the offense playing mistake free and using time but scoring TDs not field goals. And the defense playing aggressive like the niners have been doing to the Saints. No soft defenses from Fewell and I think the Giants win.

4. NYG88 says:

Giants win 27-24

Interesting stat that you may or may not have heard. Giants have allowed 28 points in their last three games, compared to the packers allowing 81

Just got to get the run game going, we’ll probably handle the cold better than they will even though it’s their house

5. I Hate Onsides says:

Dont mean to call you out but didnt you say no one is getting past the saints??…I believe I called the game in the comments section by saying the 9ers D would show up and they score just enough to win. I love it when I am right.

Anywho…I believe the defense hits rodgers in the mouth and the run game has their way with the fudge packers. Giants win 31-17

I’ve been saying forever that the Saints can’t win on the road, because Brees is a soft coddled QB that needs a dome to win. Then ALL week all the experts talked about was how good Brees is on the road, then the numbers came out (TD/INT: 40/8 at home, 9/6 on the road) yet they continued to say how he’s just as good on the road, sorry but the numbers are not even close. Though he played a good game, boosted by some seriously bad tackling by the 49ers (rusty?), he lost as I expected and I hope a lot of these experts eat their crow this week.
      -If we do win today, I hope we have a gameplan for Smith, he’s a friggin monster, also their blitzers like to come in leading with their helmets, which is really dangerous and why a lot of opposing O-linemen back off opening lanes for their other rushers. So if our fate sends us to San Fran next week, I hope we jam their necks at the line of scrimmage and maybe they change that technique a bit.
      -No penalties for New Orleans at all, continues the trend of “stellar” officiating. Not at all looking forward to that aspect of today’s game, let’s hope like last week, we can overcome shoddy officiating.

• Big Daddy says:

I was surprised the Saints did not play well. I did watch some of the game and they looked rattled by the niner defense. Brees was not playing well he was hoisting up balls that were nearly picked off so many times, he had people all over him.

Their offense is amazing but they did not show up. I think they missed having a RB like Ingram in there to keep the niner defense have to worry about the ground game a bit. Their coverage of the Saints receivers was great, M2M, like glue from what little I did see of the game.

I thought the Saints would win, but something inside told me the niners because of that defense.

I think the Giants can beat the niners, again it’s not about personnel. The Giants have the personnel, it will be all about the schemes and strategy. Same as today against the Packers, I just have a gut feeling the Giants pull this out like I did about the niners winning. My mind says the Saints and Packers are better teams but my gut says the Niners and Giants have the better defenses.

6. PC says:

GMEN 27 PACKERS 23

My prediction is that we put up a better showing than the Broncos did last night. Nothing against anyone’s religion because I’m not someone to pry into personal matters, but that commercial during the 2nd quarter with the kids reciting John 3:16 was appalling to me. Keep your overtly conservative religious views to yourself, and certainly keep them out of my football advertisements. If Tebow being knocked out means not having to see anymore of that, then I hope Tebow loses his starting job next year. The Tebow/Jesus jokes were fine, even kids using him as a role model even though he’s hardly done anything, even his pregame speeches and his bible verse eye black I could deal with, but that was obnoxious and exploitative beyond belief.
    So let’s hope Eli doesn’t pull a Tebow today, GO BLUE!

• Big Daddy says:

That’s what the media does and that is why I watch much less football than years ago. The commercials and exploitations of everything under the sun by the networks and the NFL drives me away from watching. I did not watch the games yesterday very much. I could not take the commercials, just too much and I am glad I missed the Tebow thing.

I am very tired of the NFL and their money machine, that is why I do not watch basketball anymore, Stern has done the same thing. Same for baseball, 4 hour games, just ridiculous.

8. Sam says:

The real key is having Kenny Phillips and Boley not Boley and Osi.Dont get me wrong its a huge plus to have Osi but just going off of the last game I believe if we only had Kenny the entire game, we would have won.Boley being down forced Grant to play LB so after Kenny got hurt they started playing Ross at safety and forced us to play Prince and BLACKMON,who we signed days before.The injuries had a serious trickle down effect before and during the game and we still only lost by 3 plus that play to Finley on the last drive we wont have J.Williams covering, it will be Boley.At the end of the day if you just go with what happened last game and you add Kenny,Boley,Osi and a newly found run game and shut down D I dont see any reason not to be confident in getting a win.Dont get me wrong Green Bay can go out there and put up 50 and not shock me at all because they are the no.1 seed for a reason and its well deserved but I think we’re clicking on all cylinders at the right time and I believe If the Offense doesnt turn the ball over and has no turn over on downs deep in our territory and we dont give Rodgers any short fields I think we win by 10-13 points.This is all based on last game.Like i said Green Bay can come out with a completely different play and smash us but just looking at the last game and how better we’ve gotten I dont see it happening.Go Giants #ALLIN

9. 007 says:

Countdown to game-time on.