Giants Beat Green Bay, Headed to NFC Championship Game

Well the Giants are heading to San Fran, after pulling off a stunning upset of the 15-1 Packers. NFC Championship game here we come!

The Giants started off the scoring with a 31 Lawrence Tynes field goal. Green Bay came right back with a field goal of their own, to make it 3-3. Hakeem Nicks made yet another big play, this time on a 66 yard run and catch. An 8 yard touchdown reception by John Kuhn tied it at 10. Lawrence Tynes hit another field goal, and the Giants ended the half on a hail mary pass to Hakeem Nicks, who caught it for a 37 yard touchdown, to make it 20-10 at half.

The Packers opened the scoring in the 2nd half with another field goal, making it 20-13. The Giants got another field goal in, this time to make it 23-13. After Chase Blackburn picked up a fumble and ran it back to the 4, Eli Manning hit Mario Manningham for a touchdown to make it 30-13. Donald Driver scored late in the 4th to make it 30-20. Brandon Jacobs’ 13 yard touchdown sealed it late, to make it 37-20.

Without much of a run game, at least until late,  the Giants offense still put up points. Eli was outstanding, Nicks continues to make big plays and Manningham showed up again. Even without a big game from Cruz (who played better this week), the Giants offense showed that it is elite.

The defense started off a bit slow, but certainly picked up the pace. Coverage was really good, pass rush improved, and it was just a really solid effort against a great offensive team. Rodgers just didn’t look completely comfortable.

That’s a pretty awesome performance by the Giants. Great on all sides. 4 turnovers by the Pack also help. But, the Giants are hot, and now they go into San¬†Francisco. Can they continue this run? Let’s hope so, they are hot. Go Giants!

14 Responses to “Giants Beat Green Bay, Headed to NFC Championship Game”

1. PC says:

man what a turn around!!! I gotta hand it to these guys they are really playing the best football in the NFL right now.

2. BoomKentucky says:

What a game. Did anybody else stand up and started to call a TD when the ball was in the air at about the 20 yd line on the hail marry. I was a bar any everybody just started to look at me like I was crazy. Once the camera scanned over and you saw nobody in front of Nicks, I knew he was coming down with it. Does anybody have a video clip of ESPN when they rated the QBs in the beginning of the season after Eli said he was an elite QB and the analyst didn’t rank him in the top 10? Go G-Men!

Eli wasn’t even in the list of the top 100 players in the NFL by the Sporting News. Sam Bradford was the last QB ranked in the list. They can eat crow, and another four letter word while they’re at it!

YEAH MOTHERF#@*ER!!!!
    That is all…

4. I Hate Onsides says:

Hak my B*tch up!!!! Hakeem “the dream” Nicks is really turning it on.

Now on to San Fran…take away those turnovers by the aints and its a not such a suffocating defense.

Keep this blend of good offense and defense and special teams(love how they were ready for both onsides) and I dont see any team stopping them.

Speaking of onsides be ready for San Fran…I am still pissed about that one. I can see doing it late in the 4th but san fran just played us dirty on that one(which led me to name).

Go Giants…also my score prediction from the comments on what we expect was almost right on the money. And I had the San Fran game called correctly…go me.

Yeah I still find it hard to believe that Carlos Rodgers really became THAT much better because he went to San Francisco.
      Did anyone else think that Jimmy Graham touchdown looked like they were giving him a touchdown as his last dying wish? The tackling (or lack there of) on that play was atrocious.

5. Bob says:

The Ref’s really need to be looked at, this game was a horror show when it came to replay and ball spotting. The call on Osi was a freeking joke. This needs to be handled ASAP. Go Giants.

6. Kman says:

Gggmennnnnn!!!

7. Jared says:

Thank God the Giants are as good as they are because the M-Fing refs were trying their hardest to give that game to the Packers. That Jennings fumble—-no fumble—-challenge—-no fumble bullshit was ridiculous! Oh, and the Osi call? Give me a break!

I was worried about them facing the 49ers after yesterday’s game, but after tonight’s game, I feel a whole lot better about it!

All In!!

Yeah the fumble call goes without saying, but I think I got even more upset with the Osi call, due to the fact that I think Clay Matthews left one of his syringes in Eli’s back for all the times he hit him late. Also Eli got his helmet to helmet on one play (not sure if that one was Matthews too, but it’s possible).

8. 007 says:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just remember the G-Men must face the mighty REDSKINS. Count on two losses next season! Heh!

Hail Mary…………no-o-o, Hail to the REDSKINS.

PACK gift-wrapped a win with the fumbles and the ints. I’d rather be lucky than good. BOOM!

Still, I’d rather see the GIANTS beat SF than the PACKERS.

The INT was late in the game and had no bearing on the result, as for the fumbles, each one was FORCED, in fact there was another that famously will never go down in the annals, that was also FORCED. The Packers gave the Giants nothing. The Giants took what they got, and that is another trip to the NFC title game.