Predictions?

Hey all, sorry for not posting in a while. I have recently been swamped in the college process but that doesn’t mean that I haven’t been watching Big Blue breezing through the playoffs.

As we all know, this weekends game is going to be a tough and gritty game. With that being said, what do you think the final score of the game on sunday will be?

My guess 27-24- GMEN

6 Responses to “Predictions?”

1. Russo757 says:

Not gonna lie, this game worries me. THe giants play well as the under dog, and they have been talking trash all week. I hope they are practicing like they dont have a chance in hell and not like the game is in the bag because we all know what happens when the “other” giants team shows up.

That being said the giants can win this game. They have all the tools to put up just as many points as NO did last week. Eli and the receiving corps is just as dangerous right now and I’ll give the edge to the giants D over NO. Fact is NO beat themselves with the turnovers early on and were playing catch up the rest of the game.

The boys HAVE to hit Smith and let him know he is under fire. Make him afraid to run that ball for extra yards.

I like the idea of using the no huddle early on to change up the tempo of the game and catch SF off guard and not allow them to sub out. NY isnt the best screen team but if they can take advantage of SF being over agressive early it could pay off big. Once they get apprehensive to bring a ton of heat, spread them out and see who is left in single coverage. This maybe the game for Manningham to shine assuming Nicks and Cruz draw a lot of attention.

X-Factor is going to be Tynes and Akers. Akers has a leg from hell and will allow SF to put up points from mid field. Tynes has missed some pretty easy field goals this season and needs to tit for tat with Akers to keep us competitive this weekend.

Prediction is 27 – 23 Giants

2. nyfinest314 says:

Is it Giants talking trash or answering questions and responding. Its a big difference. What do u expect them to say when being asked a question?LOL

• BigBlueWreckingCrew says:

Honestly, I feel what they have is confidence and not trash talk. They are simply showing that they have the ability to win this game and sometimes positive thinking can work and help overcome some of their shortcomings. In the end the Giants need some sort of running game. Short passes or check downs to Bradshaw might help get them involved with the 49ers stiff run defense. I don’t know the statistics on this, but everytime Jacobs gets a long run of 20 or more yards it seems the Giants win the game. Jacobs needs to run over one of their safeties or cornerbacks. Power vs Power should be interesting. Cruz will have a TD of 40 + yards. 24-13 GGGG MEN.

3. PJ says:

24-9 Giants. No SF TDs.

4. MJG says:

I’m going with the G-Men on this – Prediction: 30-21. We get up early, they come back, and we score late to seal it. I still think we stack the box and make Alex Smith beat us. Our D-Line has been playing great.

I also just read this GREAT article about our O. I’ve never been a big Gilbride fan but I thought this was really interesting. I think it’s Victor Cruz that makes the scheme look good, but really interesting stuff:

31-16, no way SF scores more than one TD, that is if the RIGHT Giants defense shows up. My confidence says that they will.
    Players to watch for SF are Tedd Ginn, Justin Smith and Frank Gore. I don’t think they’ll have too much of a problem with the receivers and shouldn’t even falter too much covering the often overrated Vernon Davis.