THE GIANTS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

[via]

And the Giants are Super Bowl champs!! They made another furious comeback in a season of furious comebacks. Eli was elite and the defense did just enough. Ladies and gentleman, your 2012 Super Bowl champs, the NY Giants. They win 21-17.

The Giants started off the scoring with a safety, after Tom Brady got an intentional grounding penalty in the end zone, which is a safety. After that, Victor Cruz caught a two yard touchdown pass, to make it 9-0. Stephen Gostkowski hit a field goal to make it 9-3. Brady and company led a 96 yard drive, that ended with a 4 yard touchdown to Danny Woodhead, to make it 10-9 Pats at half.

The Pats continued their momentum in the second half, as they marched down the field and connected on a 12 yard touchdown pass to Aaron Hernandez, to make it 17-9. Lawrence Tynes hit a 38 yard field goal to make it 17-12. Tynes hit another field goal, to make it 17-15. In the 4th, the Giants took a 21-17 lead on a 6 yard Bradshaw run.

Giants offense can be summed up thusly: Couldn’t finish. Too many promising drives ended in nothing, or a field goal.The running game was good, but again, not finishing. It was a start and stop type of offense. Not bad, but not explosive. No real big play. Not explosive, just kind of pedestrian. The first quarter was much better, but it became a bit stagnant afterwards. Eli did have pressure on him, and we’ve seen him struggle with that. But that said, when there were plays, he made them. Lots of dump offs and checkdowns to fullbacks and tight ends. But, like I said, nothing much downfield, because there was nothing there.

Defense just didn’t have enough pressure. Yes, the Blackburn pick was huge. But Brady looked magnificent, and that’s mainly because he had so much time. You can’t give someone that good that much time. He’ll make plays. Hernandez and Welker and Woodhead were really good. Not much Gronkowski. Running game wasn’t great. Just not enough pressure and Brady is going to pick you apart. We kept saying how important pressure is, and you’re seeing it.

Steve Weatherford was absolutely terrific, pinning the Pats down deep in their end zone repeatedly. He’s a difference maker. Tynes made his kicks, and coverage was good.

It looked awfully like 2007, and here the Giants were, with a little time on the clock to take the lead and they did. The Giants are now Super Bowl Champs!!!! What an amazing season. Enjoy it, Giants fans. Soak it in. No better feeling.

10 Responses to “THE GIANTS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!”

If anybody ever questions Eli Manning again they are clearly insane.

Perry Fewell is not a good DC. Yes we won but really some of the schemes were horrible. JPP in coverage???????? 12 men on the field at that time of the game, bad.

9-7 and a super bowl win……did the Giants set a record for super bowl winning teams with terrible season records?

Without doubt the Giants were the better team and the real issue was the poor quality of the Pats secondary, plus Gronk being injured.

The best team won, but the Pats always had 12 men on the field, the officials.

The Giants won and that’s all that counts.

Savor the victory and then lets start talking draft.

• CHeeKZ Money says:

We held the pats to under 20 points…… under 20 pts!

I thought that was a bad call by fewell him too, believe me I was screaming at my tv. He had jjp in coverage all night. It was terrible, but fewell did his job.

Dropping JPP in coverage would’ve been a great call against a young QB, against Brady didn’t make much sense, but you’re talking about one play here, throughout the course of the game, we outplayed and outcoached the Patriots. If not for a questionable holding call that stalled a drive, and a few non calls in the secondary (the league needs to stop allowing inadequate players a pass on the flags, it’s bad enough guys like Revis don’t get any calls because they’re good), this game could’ve even been longer and uglier for the Pats, but we pulled it out in the long run so I’m happy, and won’t complain too much.

2. Ben Dover says:

Thank you Giants, as a Steelers fan, to me, this is the eighth greatest Super Bowl of all-time, the Steelers six victories and the Giants two victories over the Cheat-riots. This is a great day for football.

How many of you Giants fans are thankful that you guys didn’t get stuck with that useless slug Phillip Rivers after the 2004 NFL Draft?

3. Joe P says:

I still don’t believe it. I, and about 1000 other people who read this blog picked the Giants to go 6-10. Here we are, sitting atop them all.

“Any given Sunday” indeed. I am so happy to eat my foot. I love this team, I love Eli, I love JPP, I love Cruz, I love Nicks, and for today (and just today), I love Manningham!

WE’RE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!

4. CHeeKZ Money says:

I just wanted to hop on hear and give a shout out to all the readers here, all the commentors, the writers…… all the real giants fans who care about this win as much as I do.

I know you guys were out there with the biggest smiles on your face when that hail mary went to hell.

I route for one hell of an organization. I’m so proud to bleed blue.

Thank you giants gab for great coverage all year long. Thank u Eli for wanting to be a giant and taking this franchise to the next level. Thank you mara and tish family. Thank you reese for knowing better than me. Thank you new york media for underestimating us.

5. BoomKentucky says:

Boom!go giants ive been drinking but awesome

When the Giants beat the Cowboys in week 17, we all knew they just clinched the most brutal record of all time next year, and I said, well now they better do something with this, and goddamnit they did!!
    Manningham may have played himself off of the team (paying him and Cruz won’t be easy now), but good for him, way to step up.
    Thanks for a great season to the team and us, the fans, thank you all.
    Now we party!!!

7. Michael S says:

Speechless… Thats the only way to describe.. It feels amazing knowing how much adversity they faced all season and how everyone said they sucked. This is for you hatazzzzz
    NY GIANTS SB XLVI CHAMPIONS!

8. Roxanne says:

Only in New York would the fans call for Coughlins head on a platter the same year our G-Men become Super Bowl Champs.

Congrats to the ENTIRE Giants Organization!

Whooooooot!

I hate the off season, but I love having bragging rights. I’ve already started fully abusing that power.

See you all next year!