Giants To Release Jacobs

The Giants are saying good bye to Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs was due $4.9 million, and the Giants wanted to reduce that. The two sides could not come to an agreement, so they released him. The move will save the Giants $5 million in cap room. The Giants will have to look for a replacement. Look for an increased role for DJ Ware, or for the Giants to draft a running back.

12 Responses to “Giants To Release Jacobs”

1. Kaz says:

Blew nuts in short yardage this past year, a locker room distraction that is not needed…. Da’Rel Scott time.

2. Kaz says:

P.S. thoughts on Dallas Clark?

3. Jason says:

More DJ ware ? they better draft someone Chris Polk or David Wilson sounds good

Four words: Sign Dallas Clark NOW!
    The rest will work itself out.

More cap space for a lower tier RB, Bradshaw is the man but I say watch for Scott he’s going to have a breakout year like Cruz did. No need to sign an expensive RB to back them up and DJ ware will get a chance for more snaps. Even though I do not think DJ is that good he will suffice as a backup’s backup. There will be some interesting prospects for a UDFA signing like Joe Martinek.

Clark has injury issues, do you want to put money into a 32 year old player with a injury history? No

6. PC says:

sad to see Jacobs go. I totally disagree that he was bad for that locker room. He motivated and lit fires at every turn and I respected that. He played with his heart on his sleeve. I do think it was time and I am super excited about Scott’s potential but stop saying he sucks or isn’ a good back. He holds records with the Giants and had some great seasons for us. Show the man some love and respect on his way out of town. I am sick of the nasty Giants fans just dogging players. You will be missed Brandon!!

• Big Daddy says:

Jacobs was fun to watch, a few years ago. You are a good Giants fan and your sentiment is understood. But the reality is he is not looked at by other Giants players as a locker room leader anymore. His performance has been terrible these past two seasons.

I think he will have a hard time finding other teams willing to pay what Jacobs thinks he’s worth.

• CHeeKZ Money says:

PC = REAL FAN

• BoomKentucky says:

I agree with PC as well. I always hate seeing someone go. I will be wearing my Jacobs jersey all weekend and retire it on monday. It wont go in the same bin as plaxico, shockey, and barber though.

7. Dylan Roth says:

Agree. I am sad to see Jacobs go- wasnt his best year, but he was a crucial part of our superbowl run…unarguable. Im nervous about Scott, I tihnk he has potential, but Im just nervous giving him/ware the back-up job. Jacobs was perfect for that. I say, irreplaceable.

When he first came into the NFL he was a power back, he ran like one. The last two seasons he ran like a finesse back, those are a lot easier to find than a back who will run hard between the tackles.

So what made him good was gone, therefore he might as well be gone. NO? What good is a 6’4″ 265 pound finesse back?

I don’t blame him, the wear and tear on his body was terrible. The pain and the injuries all mounting. He just did not want to put his body through that anymore, so it was time for him to retire not take money to do nothing. You can’t have it both ways.