Raiders Release Boss; Giants Interested?

The Raiders have released Kevin Boss after one season. The former Giants TE signed a 4 year, $16 million deal, but was cut to avoid paying a $2 million roster bonus. Boss put up a line of 28-368-3. Boss should expect to receive heavy interest from the Giants. The Giants lost their two tight ends to ACL tears in the Super Bowl. Boss was widely expected to re-sign with the Giants last year, before bolting for Oakland. Now that he’s free, a reunion with the Giants seems too likely.

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

12 Responses to “Raiders Release Boss; Giants Interested?”

He really did not play well in Oakland and was benched as far as I know. I don’t know how true that is though. How many raider games were there on TV? I’m going by a few articles I read.

So at what value? We know what he does and he is familar with Eli and the offense, how much will it cost? We need more than one tighend. Right now basically have NO TEs. Bear is not a starter and more of a FB/H-back type.

So yeah sign Boss but that’s one, we need 2 more. Ballard won’t be back 100% this season if at all and I think the Beckum experience might be over.

• Chris says:

Boss did not get benched, he did get injured at one point. I think you bring him in and draft a couple guys or RFA. Bear definitely can be used as a inline player and is decent enough depth. Either way Reese continues to look ridiculous. He could by the end of tomorrow win a Superbowl and then resign the players(Boss and Smith) we all complained that we lost for a fraction of what the giants would have had to pay them last year. Ohh also I want Dan Connor, MLB from the panthers. Lets pull the trigger jerry.

• Big Daddy says:

Oh hurt, I wasn’t sure, but this guy is always hurt. Another reason I’m not crazy about signing him unless it on the cheap and use him in a rotation.

I still feel Coby Fleener is going to be a star.

I like big linebackers but Tulloch fits the defense better.

The grass is always greener, I hope Boss and Smith come back but without hurting the team’s ability to sign a much needed star in the middle of the defense.

2. PC says:

Reese is the best!
    Boss had a down year cuz he played for the Raiders. They suck! No QB to get him the ball. He will thrive again with the gmen and so will Smith for millions less…I also think your underestimating both Pascoe and Ballard. They have tremendous upsides and are very effective in this offense.

• Big Daddy says:

No I think you’re underestimating Eli’s Manning’s ability to make players look better than they are…..LOL.

Seriously that happens all the time with receivers/TEs/whatever, the QB makes them look better as does the rest of the team, it is a team sport.

I think we forget how good Eli really is.

I’m glad people are seeing how good Reese really is, a brilliant tactical GM.

• BoomKentucky says:

I waiting to see how Manningham does without Eli. If Eli made him look better or if he just need more time as a solid starter.

• Chris says:

Yea i agree. Ballard is underrated he made some catches this season that were pretty remarkable. But put Ballard and boss on the field and you have options, both can be a receiving threat and both can block almost as good as a tackle.

Though Ballard’s blocking seemed to progress well as the season went on, I was never too high on Boss’ blocking, I mean he was alright, but a man his size should’ve been even more effective, also Ballard is much better at getting open, but he’s a sure PUP, maybe even an IR if it makes more sense for the team.

3. GMEEEEN says:

Ladarius Green (TE) in the 3rd or 4th round looks a very good prospect… can’t see us taking one with our first pick, unless we trade back a bit and hope Fleener is still there. None look like first round talents

4. Chris says:

I kinda like Egnew in the same area. Height, Weight, Speed looks good.

5. Michael S says:

no. hes always injured. draft coby fleener early or wait for ladarius green. forget smith and boss. give jernigan a chance at least

• Chris says:

If we can get smith and boss for cheep we would be absolutely nuts not to sign him. We would surround eli with 3 proven commodities and at one point one of the best slot receivers in the NFL.