Giants Get a 4th Round Compensatory Pick

The Giants received a 4th round compensatory pick. The pick is 131 overall. Their other 4th round pick is 127 overall.

9 Responses to “Giants Get a 4th Round Compensatory Pick”

That’s good, makes trading a pick to get Stewart more feasible, make it happen Jerry!

Good now we can use our 4th round pick to move up into the second round with maybe our 3rd round and 5th round pick. Or use our 4th round with some other picks to get deeper into the first round.

I have to find out if we were given any other comp picks.

As I have written do the Giants really need 8 rookie draft picks coming into camp? There aren’t that many openings for jobs. We have depth at a lot of positions on the back end and projects. We don’t need more IMO. We need a few studs.

• Big Daddy says:

4th round pick that’s it, that’s pretty good.

Sadly, these days moving up in the first round with a 4th rounder will maybe get you up 2-3 spots, the price to trade up in the first round is disturbingly high. However a fourth round pick can probably move you into the middle of the 2nd round. I agree completely that bringing in that many draft picks isn’t necessary.

3. JW says:

For those who posted, just a note: You can NOT trade a compensatory pick. The Giants can trade the other fourth round pick they have, though.

• BoomKentucky says:

Nobody said anything about trading they compensatory pick. They said it would be easier to trade our 4th round pick.

4. sam says:

The more I think about the holes on the team and I realized we need a DT.we literally have nothing behind Canty and Joseph.All we have is Marvin Austin and we dont know what hes going to be like when he finally gets on the field. I know Rocky is a FA and maybe we can bring him back for cheap but maybe we do take Fletcher Cox,Devon Still,Brandon Thompson,or Alameda Ta’amu in the first.Its awesome to get extra picks.Reese did a great job with the comp picks last year.I believe thats when he got J.Will and T.Sash.

• Big Daddy says:

Jpp will see a lot of time at DT when Osi and Tuck are in. He’s big enough to play DT and probably will be even bigger with more weight training. He was actually skinny at 270+ pounds. He can probably be in the 300 pound range without losing a step in a few seasons. He is amazing.

I have high hopes for Austin. There is a lot of back end DTs in the draft, space eaters with some upside. I bet Reese gets one in UDFA that makes the team. I’m not worried about DT. The defense we play the right side DT in on the center so a shorter stouter type DT can play there since it’s almost like a NT in a 3-4 although he’s a one gap defender.

My major concern is the middle linebacker and a backup TE. Next is a CB that can play well enough to spell our 3 or replace if one is injured or if Prince busts. Next is a RB who can run inside, although I think Scott will surprise a lot of people. And some upgrade to the Oline, I don’t feel comfortable with the horses we have. I would really like a potential stud like a Sanders or a Massie maybe. Bookends like Beatty who is huge and Sanders who is bigger look good on paper, I’m sure it would make Eli smile. Diehl scares me now, the guy is stone, he’s like a Manhattan subway turnstile.