Jacobs Signs With 49ers

The Brandon Jacobs era is over. The big running back signed a one year deal today with the 49ers.

The 49ers have a crowded backfield with Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter and now Jacobs. Not sure how he fits. The 29 year old back struggled last year, rushing for only 571 yards last year. His numbers have gone down since his career high 1,089 yards in 2008.

He also has had some off the field issues, with his throwing of the helmet into the stands. However, he did help the Giants win two Super Bowls and his play in the playoffs was improved. The Giants will have to replace not only his production, but his goal line running, which, at times frustrating, is better than current options on the team.

This post brought to you by CouponCodes4u.com. If you’re looking for Hot Cabelas Coupons or a Free Nike Promo Codes, they’ve got what you’re looking for!

9 Responses to “Jacobs Signs With 49ers”

The forty niners seem to be stocking up in a way that seems to be if one player gets hurt or does not produce there’s another one behind him to take his place. Not a bad strategy considering they do not have a top quarterback to carry the team.

Smith is a good Quarterback and a better manager than field general. He’s not going to really pull out games for you like Eli does and the other top QBs in the league. So you win with defense, a good run game and enough of a vertical game to keep the run game going.

That’s a good formula, it’s nice to see a team that wants to win and is trying to go about it in a logical manner. Having 2 ex-Giants is a good thing since they have playoff experience and are from a top franchise.

I wish those ex-Giants luck as long as we still beat them when and if we face them in the NFC championship game, which is a possibility.

Glad he went out west, makes it easier to give him his due when we play the 49ers later in the year, I was shocked the Eagles didn’t blow any offer out of the water. Now we need to replace him and I think Ganaway could be the answer.

• Big Daddy says:

I have one of those feelings we have the horses already on the staff at RB. I am hoping we draft Martinek late, he ran a 4.4 at his pro day, as I have been saying watch film on this guy, if we need a hard inside runner, he’s it. I have a feeling Hynoski will get his shots too.

With Bradshaw’s injury history, not adding someone who could carry the load for an extended period of time if need be will be scary to say the least. I’ll look more into Martinek and let you know what I think, Ganaway can be scary good though, I hope he’s at least on their radar.

3. Keith says:

Can’t say I’m too disheartened by the news, other than for the fact that Jacobs was a character guy and a great leader. As a football player, though, it shouldn’t be too hard to replace him. People always marvelled at his size, but I think often it was a detriment to him. Sure, he could put down the big hit, but he was also a massive target that had a tough time getting through holes, and could be cut down pretty easily if you went at his ankles. Other than the top tier, running backs in this league are a dime a dozen. Bradshaw is great as a psuedo-scatback and blocker, so we just need to find another bruiser. I vote for someone with a lower center of gravity who won’t just run into the back of our own linemen. At this point it looks like it will have to be through the draft. LaMichael James is just about the antithesis of what we need, even though he could be a fun player. Can’t take him though. The Giants are all about BPA, but I think they’ve got to target some middle round in which to snag an RB to replace Jacobs. The guys they have now are solid backs in their own right, but I don’t think any of them have the qualities that will replace Jacob’s best attributes. Certainly will be interesting to see what the Giants do. Too bad all the Jonathan Stewart rumors have been squashed- he would have been a great fit. I’m not too worried about losing him, though I will admit my fear of the 49er’s grows greater and greater every day. If Moss works out for them… yikes.

4. Ed says:

Once or Twice a Super Bowl Giant, always a Giant

5. ArthuroMolenda says:

Good luck to him.

I’m not giving up on Andre Brown just yet.

6. red says:

BJ27 was a great team mate, friend, and giant! Just knew someone would bring up the helmut thing…..but did it have to be the admin of the site? come one! really!!?? we all know thatwas an accident,and non issue, with so many things you could have chosen to say. eli, thomas and many will miss him deeply. he was a team player and passionate guy! wish nothin g but luck to kim,,brandon and the boys!