Hey everyone, sorry for getting this up a little late, but here we go:
- Thank god the Giants have an elite quarterback. I know, I know, Eli threw a horrific interception in the end zone that cost them a TD, but he also puts the Giants a place to have a shot at winning almost every game. He drove the team down the field with under 2 minutes remaining and would’ve most likely had another 4th quarter comeback if not for an idiotic play call and offensive pass interference. Eli puts his team in position to win every game, and that’s all you can ask for from your QB.
- The special teams, with the exception of Weatherford, was really good. David Wilson had a phenomenal day at KR, consistently giving the Giants excellent field position. If only he could perform to that level on offense. Will Hill also came within a few inches of blocking 2 different punts. In recent years the Giants haven’t exactly been known for their game-breaking special teams, but guys like these give me hope.
- Not really sure why Ramses wasn’t more of a factor in the first half. Coming off the game her had last week in Carolina I figured he would play a major role. Hixon looked miserable in the first half, and a fade into the end zone in his direction came closer to being picked than being caught. I thought they should have gone to Ramses in that situation.
- This offense really missed a healthy Hakeem Nicks. Cruz was blanketed by multiple defenders all night, and the Giants other receivers didn’t step up to the level they needed to. Ramses and Hixon each made some plays in the second half, but much of that was wiped out in my mind but the offensive pass interference call that knocked them 10 yards further away from a game-winning field goal.
- Osi looked terrible on run defense. Especially in the second half, when LcCoy was running absolutely wild. Osi failed to seal the edge on many different run plays, allowing Big Mouth McCoy to get to the edge and break big gains downfield. For someone who had so much to prove against McCoy, he sure didn’t look very good.
- Roddy White is an absolute moron. He does an interview with NFL network where he says that he and Julio Jones are the best wide receiver duo in the NFL, which I have no problem with. He is supposed to be confident, so even though I don’t agree, I have no problem with him saying it. But then to say that “the big boys play on the outside” when talking about Cruz? He must be an idiot. You’re completely right Roddy, the big, tough guys don’t go over the middle, that’s left for the small, cowards like Cruz. (sarcasm)Getting catches over the middle is easy! All you have to do is dodge the truck-sized hits doled out by guys like Ed Reed and Patrick Willis! Anyone can do that! Isn’t this the same guy who came into MetLife in January and put up 2 points in a playoff game?!? And then he goes out on Sunday and catches a touchdown, FROM HE SLOT. Roddy needs to calm down with these insults and look and emptiness on his hands where Cruz and Nicks have a super bowl ring.
- The Jets are in trouble. Kyle Wilson looked absolutely pathetic. By watching him, you would’ve thought the main job of a cornerback was to hold his receiver 10 yards down the field on every play. He also got repeatedly beat over the top, and if it wasn’t for some terrible throws by Alex Smith, they would’ve resulted in some points for the 49ers. Maybe Cromartie, the self-proclaimed “best corner in the league,” can give him some pointers.
- I really enjoy watching Tony Romo throw interceptions…a lot.
- After 4 weeks, I’m still in my survivor pool. Who do I take this week, the Giants over Cleveland or the Niners over the Bills?